luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - May 2017

Rate this topic

197 posts in this topic

Yeah water was dirty this morning but seemed to clear up some on the tide change.

Out back was very dirty in certian areas and lots and lots of eel grass.

Enjoyed a nice boat ride this afternoon :th:

Edited by DerrickT

Annual AI trip past 10 days.  Very slow to say the least.  Have not seen it this slow in long time.  Thinking warm winter/cold spring or maybe all the big blues that took over the surf with the East blow.  Only caught 6 stripers total up to 47in.  3 were released slots. The Frenchman got 2. KI having hard time getting bunker.  Netter told me his nets were so full of rockfish and hardly any bunker.   Said the Bay is loaded with them.  Sounds like we had a spectacular hatch.  Not sure what year class but bodes well for future stock.  Good news for me was a lot of fish were caught in chocolate stained water during NW 20 to 25mph more than on clean water.  I am no longer worried about water clarity for dead sticking.  Water warmed from 58 to 62 deg while there.  Big biters and rays were so thick we had to move from our spot as were chewing up and taking all our gear after water warmed.  Seems early for big Sandbars.

Was great seeing everyone and except for lack of fish was just good to be on beach with all the great structure all 4 seasons in one week.  Pic is the 47in.

FISH ON

Edited by Critter Gitter

Was gonna make it down this month. Truck engine is done. Time for a different Vehicle. Glad you got em' Dave..

Edited by 7nBait

It was a good day today on the Cape beach. Needed the big sticks and 10 oz to hold. Three Blues 24 to 36 inches. Two Bass 18 & 28 inches. Two disconnects in the wash. On Bunker at top of the tide.

Tighten them up!
Cfishon

Hi All

Got home yesterday from a week long "0'' caught fishing trip on Assateague. but the weather was good and I got a good start on this years tan. I plan on coming back late season.

PS. To who ever left the large pile of smoldering fire wood littered with Natty Light beer cans way above the Hi Tide line . I cleaned up your mess and properly put your fire out .  :mad:

I will join in the big strike out for stripers this spring (not done just yet hoping for a Memorial Day straggler). Came down to AI about 4 times for little 1-2 day windows. Typically ended up with a few big blues. This last Tuesday/Wednesday trip stung pretty bad. I had my grandfather and cousin with me. I don't even think we got a bite. Maybe we got one skate between us-I don't even remember. We didn't fish dark or early morning which might have hurt our chances. Finally blew up two fathoms (disengaged some brakes and added new line-perfect recipe). It was nice seeing everybody, especially listening to SteveZ's tail of the "mutant striper". I learned a few things....what did G.I. Joe say, "knowing is half the battle."

Spent Friday afternoon and Saturday 5:30 to 2PM.  My eyes still burn from that wind...

Caught 1 puffer Friday and on Saturday got a small striper and a blue at the same time (Hi low rig).  No other bites...not even a skate

I will be back for Memorial day weekend.

Edited by Titanty