Website issues /mobile.

Rate this topic

Yardguy71

This just isnt tolerable anymore.

This site takes forever to load or just freezes completely.

I have to hit stop ,then refresh or hit the back button and reclick every thread to coerce it to open.

Running an android ,freshly updated , does it on both wifi and on 4g as well ,did this with my last phone also.

Ran antivirus , ccleaner , deleted history cookies etc.

Just cant read or reply to anything hhere without getting totaly annoyed.

The mobile version has behaved like this for me all along on my Android. New platform will be a welcome change!

-

Are you using the mobile version or full version? They have completely different advertising.

Also, as noted above, we are days away from an entirely new platform - it was supposed to happen last week...now I'm planning it for this week. I hate this platform and have since we landed on it after Huddler - but being unable to use the site or having to wait more than a few seconds for a page to load isn't something I've seen before. I don't own an Android device - other folks using Android devices aren't having any problems. This is a problem with the millions of different apps and configurations on hundreds of different phone models and OS versions and options - if two people with the same phone are having two completely different experiences here - it makes guessing how their two phones, the apps, OS and settings are different very difficult :b:

I am fiddling with stuff...but the site should never be slow for an entire day...or even an entire 15 minutes :o Bear with me for a few more days...the new platform deals with mobile devices MUCH differently...I'm optimistic that it's going to eliminate these kind of problems. If not, I'll figure it out on that platform...no reason the site should be so slow that it's almost unusable for anyone...ever.

TimS

Are we going back to Huddler? I miss those guys!

:rav: Hello Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please.

Tim,
I know that you have put a lot of time and effort into the new platform.

So, please let me be the first to say......

Change it back!

Are we going back to Huddler? I miss those guys!

There was a level of entertainment and comraderie having a common enemy...I'm not allowed to speak poorly of them. Yet I am under no obligation to stop others from doing so :idea:

TimS

Show someone how to catch striped bass and they'll be ready to fish anywhere.
Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

Change it back!

I honestly don't expect to hear that from anyone that means it...that's how much better the new platform is compared to this one. Same company, entirely rewritten software, from the ground up. They kept the features that people liked, got rid of crap folks didn't like and added a lot of new things.

I'm working with a designer to try and keep things where they are now and keep the look familiar so that people wont require much of a learning curve at all :)

Show someone where to go striped bass fishing and you'll have a desperate report chaser with loose lips.

I think we should file a class action suit against Tim for all the pain, hardship and emotional distress his shabby mobile version has inflicted upon us.

I promise that it has caused me greater emotional and financial distress than it has anyone else :o

I have always been able to make things work here...I have always taken pride in making this place easy and fun to use. The mess from the de-Huddlering created problems that I couldn't get past...some of them still exist but enough of them are addressed well enough to get off this platform :th:

There was a level of entertainment and comraderie having a common enemy...I'm not allowed to speak poorly of them. Yet I am under no obligation to stop others from doing so :idea:

TimS

So I'm allowed to talk about HighPants without repercussion? Sweet.

:rav: Hello Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please.

Rfk, The screen shot that you posted shows a signal strength of two bars on a 3G network. The low signal strength could be the cause of the slow speed, experiment by going to a different location to increase the bar count.

I assumed that it was my blazing fast Internet connection causing the problem. But apperantly I'm not the only one

Screenshot_2017-04-09-10-33-20.png

TimS

I love you Tim.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.
Ce n'est pas le mur derrière lequel il se passe quelque chose, mais bien la cuisinière dans laquelle on a brûlé quelque chose

So I'm allowed to talk about HighPants without repercussion? Sweet.

Yup. I have no obligation nor interest in protecting them beyond our standard guidelines for discussing non-members of this website. **** the both of them and the pommel horse they rode in on :wave:

TimS

And who could forget Huddler Steph

post-239-0-45917900-1493671710.jpg

"My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought careening through a cosmic vapor of invention."
Hedley Lamar
"It wasn't the bullet that laid him to rest, was the low spark of high-heeled boys"
Jim Capaldi & Steve Winwood