Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dah seee

What reel to pair with BL7030?

Rate this topic

78 posts in this topic

On 6/1/2018 at 9:21 PM, diklarsen said:

Sounds like u have gone thru 18 sets of bearings.  

I have an original run SX 5:0.1 that is being serviced now (just needs a cleaning). I did blow out the pinion in it once on the Viking Starship catching double header cod. I should have been using the LX but it was fun with the light setup. I knew that if I overdragged from reading on Alan Tani's site that  the bearing would be done but for $5 I didnt care and I had backups. 

On 4/29/2017 at 0:02 PM, Dah seee said:

Hi guys,

I just picked up the Lamiglas BL7030C for tog fishing around the Elizabeth Islands. I chose this rod over the TFX series because I prefer the moderate/fast action as opposed to the fast action tip of the TFX. I tend to set the hook too quick on a fast action tip and end up missing it.

On the other hand, what kind of reel would pair up nicely with the BL7030? This is my first conventional setup and I've been a spinning guy for the most part. Any suggestion or recommendation is appreciated.

Wow thanks for the input. Totally forgot about this thread. I ended up getting a Saltiga 15H to match with the BL7030. I now pair it with a RodGeeks xc 733. I wish I had known about the lower gear ratio version for more power and torque before going with the 15H. 

On 11/30/2018 at 2:54 PM, blacklabnh said:

I have an original run SX 5:0.1 that is being serviced now (just needs a cleaning). I did blow out the pinion in it once on the Viking Starship catching double header cod. I should have been using the LX but it was fun with the light setup. I knew that if I overdragged from reading on Alan Tani's site that  the bearing would be done but for $5 I didnt care and I had backups. 

Thats what pisses me off with avet, cheap  bearings, when that pinion brg craps out you can wipe out the pinion gear,too, better brgs are availble from Boca, $60 I swapped em all out.