albacized

Aaron Judge....

Rate this topic

65 posts in this topic

Never seen him before his first at bat at Fenway tonight...impressive first impression...inside out swing to hit an opposite field HR into the bullpen - into a wind blowing in...the guy is 6'7" and weighs 280 pounds

He is one of the main reasons I said the Yankees fans have something to look forward to this year.

We'll see if it lasts, but as of now, he's a beast.

If he, Bird and Sanchez all pan out, that's one hell of a 3-4-5 the Yanks have for the next decade.

Looked like he got jammed and it was gonna be a flare to right and the thing ended up in the bullpen, that was insane. Off to a hell of a start, 7 hrs. Hope the kid breaks both his legs, twice. Kidding of course, but not really. Should make for a fun rivalry again

Jeter, Bernie, Posada, Pettite, Rivera

Time for the next round.

Sanchez, Judge, Bird, Severino, Betances

Hey, Trump is POTUS, so anything is possible.

Was exciting. Chapman throws gas but they made him work for it. Good game. Hopefully the Boston bats can give sale some run support tomorrow night. Plenty of more of these matchups to look forward to!

"Also showed up with a glove tonight...diving into the right field stands, near pesky pole"  That was the first play that I saw him make (missed the HR), heard the broadcast talk about his history just prior  Wow, that was a hellova catch and thought it was rather classy of the fans around him supporting him for making the effort by congratulating him while helping him up.   Missed the rest because I was watching the C's take game five from the Bulls.   :p 

"Also showed up with a glove tonight...diving into the right field stands, near pesky pole"  That was the first play that I saw him make (missed the HR), heard the broadcast talk about his history just prior  Wow, that was a hellova catch and thought it was rather classy of the fans around him supporting him for making the effort by congratulating him while helping him up.   Missed the rest because I was watching the C's take game five from the Bulls.   :p 

Those were not real Sox fans.

They parted like the red sea to let him catch that ball.

He would never of had the chance to catch that ball had real fans been sitting there.

(but it was a nice catch)

Edited by Gotcow?

Those were not real Sox fans.

They parted like the red sea to let him catch that ball.

He would never of had the chance to catch that ball had real fans been sitting there.

(but it was a nice catch)

Agree.  No excuse to "hit" the player from the other team, but there's no way they should have parted for him.

Balls in the stands belong to the fans.  If he's going to be man enough to take it away, well, he's got to be man enough.

No cheap shots, but there should have been 3 or 4 other fans (at a minimum) all jumping at the same time to try to catch that ball and keep it away from the enemy.

Yeah I hear ya on not parting the red sea.   In the good ole days that wouldn't of happen for sure.  We would've accidentally cooled him off with some beer in his face and praised his effort after he dropped it or simply laughed in his face.   

Not a Yankee Fan (Im a mets guy, Glutton for Punishment I know), but I don't hate the Yankee's. I have huge respect for those Yankee teams (Mariano, Posada, Tino, Oneill, Jeter, etc) How could you not as a baseball fan??  my question is this.. what is Sterlings Home run call for Judge? Is it like "MMM, it is high, it is Far, it isssss Gooonnneee".. Its JUDGEment day?  LOL  what does he say???  

when I listened to WFAN, my favorite part of Mike and the Mad Dog was when they played Sterlings Home run calls or even better when he screws up.. I remember one where Sterling called a home run for ARod in Toronto.. “That ball is high, it is far, it is gone … It hit and kicked over. (pause) I’m sorry, I’m sorry I got that all wrong. I got that all wrong. At the wall Davis made the catch, honestly I didn’t think he made it. I thought he gave up on the ball that’s why I thought it was out.”  LOL  the call is out there if you want to here it.. Its CLASSIC..  

BC