marty fishwish

pencil poppers

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

When there are bluefish around can you take off all the treble hooks and just use a single rear hook and no belly hook. I'm talking bluefish not bass. the lures are Cotton Cordell pencil popper, tsunami talking popper, and all kinds of poppers.

of course, i have a couple of beat up old gibbs and talkin poppers that i could retire but i keep just a single rear siwash just cause it makes removing it from those toothy beasts that much easier

When there are bluefish around can you take off all the treble hooks and just use a single rear hook and no belly hook. I'm talking bluefish not bass. the lures are Cotton Cordell pencil popper, tsunami talking popper, and all kinds of poppers.

definitely will work..better off that way !

CERTAINLY!  Catch a Big One and let it go!

Years ago we made a bunch of pencils where we epoxied a single hook hard in the tail. That gave you a handle on the hook while removing if from a thrashing blue fish's mouth. Worked great!

It never crossed my mind that fishing would be a workout until I started using my pencil popper. Your forearms are shot by the end of the day.

what action rod are you using?