Mummichog

Landjager in SE Penna?

Rate this topic

29 posts in this topic

I live in the pacific northwest, but if you go online and type in Illgs meats the web site will tell you where the Illg's distribute to -one of the products being landjaeger good luck. 

1 hour ago, jwe5568 said:

I live in the pacific northwest, but if you go online and type in Illgs meats the web site will tell you where the Illg's distribute to -one of the products being landjaeger good luck. 

Really?  I thought they closed their doors 5 years ago.

Posted (edited) · Report post

yes they closed the store and plant but the Grandsons and Jr, are distributing. *

Edited by jwe5568
looks like you might be promoting a business you are involved with - I let the first one go

30 mins ago, Mummichog said:

Really?  I thought they closed their doors 5 years ago.

They did. Try Hering Brothers in Doylestown PA.

I miss Illgs as well. Family used to go there on the regular loved the meats. Was bummed to see them close same with the store in reading terminal market. I’ve only ever used Herring Bros to process deer I’ll have to give them a shot. 

You guys need to go to Rieker's Prime Meats in Fox Chase, Phila - 7979 Oxford Ave.

All the authentic German meat products you want.

They have a web site you can order from.

Including your landjaeger

thumbnail.jpg

18 mins ago, Skeeterbait said:

You guys need to go to Rieker's Prime Meats in Fox Chase, Phila - 7979 Oxford Ave.

All the authentic German meat products you want.

They have a web site you can order from.

Including your landjaeger

thumbnail.jpg

That’s not the same as the Iilg’s Landjager.  That’s the stuff you can get at any supermarket.  It’s like a snack stick.  Iilg’s landjager is soft.  It’s not cooked.  It’s cured, smoked and hung to age. The stuff in that picture is cooked and hard.

No - I don't think so.  This is the real smoked and hung stuff.  Not sure if the picture does it justice. 

I do not know what Iilg's carried but I do know that this place is the real deal for German meats, deli cold cuts, wursts, brats, and various other things German craved for by true ethnic Germans.  My Mom is one and has been going here for years.  The only place she has found that will get her perfectly sliced meat to make rolladens.  

And now that I see that they have an online store.........my wife is gonna kill me.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 4:54 PM, Mummichog said:

That’s not the same as the Iilg’s Landjager.  That’s the stuff you can get at any supermarket.  It’s like a snack stick.  Iilg’s landjager is soft.  It’s not cooked.  It’s cured, smoked and hung to age. The stuff in that picture is cooked and hard.

Maybe give Rhodes in Martinsburg a shot