ccb

ABU 6500 C3. Info

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

What test line do you use . 15 or 20 ? I know a lot of you use them on surf rods ? I don't want to be to heavy?

What test line do you use . 15 or 20 ? I know a lot of you use them on surf rods ? I don't want to be to heavy?

I use 30 lb. pp on an abu 7000 his no problem

17 starts to get a little springy. With Mono. I think a will get some 30 PP

Noodles is on the money. 15-17lb mono on my Open frame/CT reels is the 6500 size. For levelwind/CS I use 50lb braid.

I use 40# braid on my 6500 as well as low profile bait casting reels for largemouths.  As one poster above suggested a tight wind on the spooling, after fishing for a while however, one good hook-set, snag or strain especially on a long hook-set, will dig in and wait to show its ugly face when you're fishing at night or making a long cast to a breaking fish!  Whammoooh....

Noodles is on the money. 15-17lb mono on my Open frame/CT reels is the 6500 size. 

:agree:

What do you plan on casting?

Posted (edited)

I had put 20lb on , but after I thought it was a little spongy and springing?  I use Cajan Red which is suppose to have a smaller diameter. I like the 15 lb. the best. it lays on the spool nice and doesn't spring. 

Edited by ccb