Surf Hunter

Taking a little break

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

After over a decade (12 years to be exact) moderating this forum, I have decided to hang up my buttons for a while and go out and enjoy life for a bit.   The Posse will still moderate the forum, just please, if there is a post you feel needs attention, just simply report that post and it will be addressed.  

We will probably also need someone to take the lead for the yearly Hat Fling in July, my vote goes to Linesideslayer, not that you need to take the reins for the outing but you just seem like a great fit.  :th:

I'll be in and out to stop by and say hello and will more likely be back to moderate, I just feel the need for a long needed break for a while. 

Please play nice and if ya'll need anything, shoot me a PM.  

Thank you everyone and I will be talking to you all soon.    :wave:

Tom

Hope all is okay.  I haven't been on the beach must the last few years and I don't know if that will change this season, but hopefully I see you on the sand soon since it won't be at the fling. 

Hope all is okay.  I haven't been on the beach must the last few years and I don't know if that will change this season, but hopefully I see you on the sand soon since it won't be at the fling. 

All is good with me Craig, just taking a break, shoot me a message if your gonna head out, I'm out in my area a lot and if I'm around, I would hit up the Fling.  :th:

You will feel so good letting go and not having to worry about moderating, I did it for a few years on a very high drama fishing forum I got tired of getting pm's at all times of the day and night because someone got butt hurt, now this is the only fishing forum I'll visit and Tom you did a wonderful job.

Hey Tom,

Thanks for all that you have done for this community. It is much appreciated.

Good for you on taking a break. Well deserved.

Hope to see you on the beach soon.

-Jon

Hey Tom,Glad to hear your gonna be taking it easy!You did a great job here on the boards.And, always spearheaded fun,well organized flings and get together.My hats off to you buddy.Great job!....hopefully see you soon

post-10085-0-50956500-1492546993.jpg

Gonna miss you on here SurfHunter. Just one question, if you are taking a much deserved break, who is going to take over Hat Fling organization? Really enjoyed my first one last year and hope your predecessor is continuing the tradition. Maybe even hold one closer to Fixter's home turf? Thanks for all your support and dealing with us idiots and rowdys here on SOL.

Sh&%! I guess that someone is me. I should read your post in full and not just the headline. Okay, shocked and honored. I can do that if the other West coast moderators and elite members are good with it, don't want to step on any toes. I appreciate the acknowledgment. Thanks Tom.

Edited by Linesideslayer

Enjoy your vacation Tom. You've done a great job here. I appreciate all the time and efforts you and Shannon have put in for all of us.