robc22

Mass Gardening thread

Rate this topic

595 posts in this topic

I know it's a fishing site but heck we talk bird feeders, Mountain lions and Boston serial killers.......I figure a lil garden talk won't hurt. My first asparagus of the year is poking it's lovely nose up. How r ur gardens coming along? 

DAM SHOWOFF

Last year...

Sorry for the bad privacy shadowing the in upper left hand corner. Notice the alligator guarding the carrot section that the woodchuck recently hit  ;) 

The gator did not work but, the 12 did. 

post-69718-0-96789400-1492523826.jpg

Does anyone grow heirloom tomatoes?  I started growing them about 10 years ago. Love the different flavors, colors and sizes.  Several varieties of heirloom peppers too. 

Out of curiosity, now that the laws have changed is anyone thinking about throwing a canabis plant or two in the garden? 

Here in western ma its never been unusual for people to do that but now it seems like everyone's talking about trying at least one, even people who don't use it. 

I'm curious how prevelant thats going to be this year with otherwise 'straight and narrow' types…. its business as usual for the hippies of course.

Thoughts?

Out of curiosity, now that the laws have changed is anyone thinking about throwing a canabis plant or two in the garden? 

Here in western ma its never been unusual for people to do that but now it seems like everyone's talking about trying at least one, even people who don't use it. 

I'm curious how prevelant thats going to be this year with otherwise 'straight and narrow' types…. its business as usual for the hippies of course.

Thoughts?

Does anyone grow heirloom tomatoes?  I started growing them about 10 years ago. Love the different flavors, colors and sizes.  Several varieties of heirloom peppers too. 

I started several heirloom cultivars........Brandywines, purple calabash,old german, black crimson, yellow pear........I really like em.....Never done so many varieties before.....Have my fingers crossed they will all do well.............Sorry no weed growing for me! got no use for the stuff!!

Does anyone grow heirloom tomatoes? I started growing them about 10 years ago. Love the different flavors, colors and sizes. Several varieties of heirloom peppers too.

Italian plum tomatoes and st.nichole peppers

The seeds origanated from Italy.

Thoughts?

Funny this should come up.   Last Nov a family member said she might think about growing a couple plants in her garden this summer, but she wouldn't know where to get seeds?  :laugh:

The irony is the good weed around these days almost never has seeds. Even regular stoners are having that same problem.

i bet if your friend posed her problem at one of those new hydro shops popping up everywhere she'd be helped out pretty fast. "aficionados" are usually pretty generous.