2017 New Hampshire Reports

Rate this topic

Rocks and rips. Look for current breaks and any other changes of structure. Love my topwater stuff in evening and am low light times.  Its a quick way to see if any are real aggressive.  Never fished the area so can't tell ya much more.  Good luck and be safe.

Well...after about a 2 week lag in fishing due to family responsibilitys...I finally got back out on the water, and the fish did not disappoint! Got out to 2kr well before the sun came up and left before it came up too. Mackerel right on top swarming the chum, over 50 in 15 min. Alot of big ones but managed to put 20ish snack size in the livewell. Ran the river on a few drifts and tho we marked fish nothing took. Anchored up in a quiet area where it was slow for about an hour as the tide turned...and then it was on. Ran out of live bait in about 3 hours, boated double digits bass all between 26"-30". Even got to watch one circle and smash my mack just off the side of the boat. Just an observation but the one we kept to to grill tonite had a dozen small crabs in it's belly.

Edited by Minnowcatcher36
Typo

Hit a sandy NH beach on Thursday's incoming.  When I arrived there were 5 boats in close (just out of casting distance), and 30 birds circling the water.  I must have missed pod of bass and/or bait coming through.  Only one of the boats was hooked up with a 20 inch fish, and it was all micros for me.  I miss the bigger fish.

Been out of action most of summer, what's everyone else's excuse? :)  No reports for a whole week?  Yow.

We hit lower Piscat Friday afternoon/evening.  Picked up some micros right off in some backwaters, then filled up with macks quickly right in the river.  Tide was a little off for some spots we tried but the macks came up untouched, all of them, while the twinkie fest continued on artificials.  Beautiful weather, boat traffic pretty low.  

Still have not put in to the Pisc. been hitting Saco but not for a while. Been fishing fresh water for lmb. Been doing all right best this year about a 6lber on Livetarget hollowbody sunfish, love those things. Also got more than a few 4lbers.

Next week I head up to North Maine Woods for Muskies, Will let ya know later how that goes.  Last year the 4 of us all got fish, I got most and biggest : )  Just over 31" and 4 fish, hopefully it goes as well this year.

• 1 month later...

I keep wondering whatever happened to this Crabalanche guy that put up this post? Guess he's probably busy reeling in cows.

Been trolling tube and worm rig like crazy the last two weeks in harbors, mouths of estuaries, and just 100-200 yards off the beach front. Nothing but dinks for me. haven't caught a decent fish since July 28th. Thought it would pick up for me this month but it seems like it's actually slowed down. Could they still be way up the piscat?