Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Silence

Fishing Line Question

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

I use mono line and was wondering why everytime I use this one line on this millionaire reel it seems to be peeling. I know when I put the Abu reel on it with that green ande line it does not do that. Is the line bad?

Is fireline or firewire good line? Is it like braid line?

Thanxs

You mean like fraying? The only times I've had mono do that are when I had a bad guide/tip or once a tiny nick in the roller on my bail - tore the line to shreds for weeks before I figured it out.

What line are you talking about?

I have found that when I overspool some of my reel, my line does not fare well, but with Ambassadeurs this is not a problem. It occurs with my low-profile reels where the level wind is shorter that the maximum diameter of the spool.

Something on your reel might be chafing and abrading the line. Mono should only fray when it's getting abraded. Check your level wind guide for cracks.

Is fireline or firewire good line? Is it like braid line?

I like fireline but in 20lb test and under, for 30 and over i use power pro. I spent some time on this and that was my findings, works for me!

Check your guides and tip on your rod, as well as the levelwind for a crack. Use a Q-Tip on them, and if a little piece of cotton sticks on the guide, it's cracked.

I've used 14lb and 20lb Fireline for the past 5 or 6 seasons, and it's the only line I'll use now. I tried 40lb Power Pro earlier this season, and got 3 wind knots in about 6 casts. I don't think I've ever had that many with Fireline. Threw it out after that night...