BrianBM

New Platform for SOL coming; joke consequences

Rate this topic

154 posts in this topic

I don't know, but I am assured that the sanctions applications per se will port over without difficulty. The extent to which they will be automated remains somewhat unclear. 

I need to thank you all for outstanding efforts in the production of child-friendly jokes.  I kept the kids entertained, along with their mother and various eavesdroppers, for an hour at yesterday's PT.  

This is the only kid friendly joke I know,

What did the Mother cannon ball say to the Father cannon ball ?

We are going to have a BB !

After many years, a prisoner is finally released.

He runs around yelling, "I'm free! I'm free!"

A little kid walks up to him and says, "So what? I'm 4."

A man and his nagging wife were on holiday in Jerusalem, when the wife suddenly died.

The funeral company told the man that it would cost $45,000 to ship her home or $500 to bury her in Jerusalem.

The husband said, “Ship her home.”

Shocked, the undertaker asked, “But sir, why don’t you bury her in the Holy Land and save the money?”

To which the husband replied, “A long time ago, a man was buried here and 3 days later he rose from the dead….I cant take THAT chance!”

Happy Easter..

A pirate walks into a bar with a ships wheel attached to his zipper. The bartender says "excuse me Mr. Pirate did you know that there is a ships wheel attached to your zipper"? The pirate says..

Ahrr it's drivin' me nuts!

New platform...that's a knee-slapper! See what the kids think about that.

eff_patchy.png

It exists...the above is a screen shot from the new mobile platform - where you can upload pictures from your phone, take a picture/video from your phone and automatically upload it, the pictures are posted in the correct orientation and you also he the majority of the BB Code tools available when you post...from your phone  :)

IMG_8068.PNG

It's a thousand times better than this platform. I've done the conversion four times now...it takes about 48 hours each time - I'm perilously close to pulling the trigger for real...a few more things I gotta iron out. The problem is the database that runs this site is about 20GB - and the images uploaded here take up about 900GB of space. Just copying the database can take hours. Moving the images can take days. And the messes left behind in the database by the conversion from Huddler are a source of constant problems every step of the way :o

But it exists, it's live and running and we will be changing to that platform...one more test run and then the real thing :th:

TimS

So Brian will Tim be porting over galleries and photos with this upgrade? Still miss not having them on some of the older threads from the last upgrade.

I've been asking for years, if you see a thread without images, report it and I'll fix it. The images and galleries didn't get left behind - the way some images were embedded under the Huddler platform caused problems the way they were converted - the company that did that conversion was much less than helpful after the fact :squid: I can fix the embedded images anywhere they aren't showing up - when the conversion is finished this time I expect to be able to fix the embedded code all at once or at least in large batches.

TimS