drumfish213

Shimano Baitrunner Bail Assembly

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

The bail assembly on my btr-4500b broke. It seems like the post that the line roller slides over snapped off. According to the schematic it looks like it is part 7451 or 11268. The schematic says that parts have been changed. Has anyone had this issue or know which part I need?

post-17026-0-89954700-1491599414.jpg

post-17026-0-64507400-1491599427.jpg

post-17026-0-74209900-1491599456.jpg

Edited by drumfish213

Call Shimano in Cali. I think I changed over the line roller assembly with the new parts with no issues. I'm not 100% sure as it was my Dad's reel and it's been about a year since I did it.

Schematic I have says 7451. But yes, it says they have been changed and you must also get the new versions of parts 6703, 5625, 5910, 5629, 5628 for it to work correctly. They likely changed the diameter of the part of yours that broke on the bail, and as such, had to change the inner diameter of the other parts which are the bushings, washers, and line roller. All of those should be short change, the most expensive part will be the bail itself.

Call Shimano in Cali. I think I changed over the line roller assembly with the new parts with no issues. I'm not 100% sure as it was my Dad's reel and it's been about a year since I did it.

Schematic I have says 7451. But yes, it says they have been changed and you must also get the new versions of parts 6703, 5625, 5910, 5629, 5628 for it to work correctly. They likely changed the diameter of the part of yours that broke on the bail, and as such, had to change the inner diameter of the other parts which are the bushings, washers, and line roller. All of those should be short change, the most expensive part will be the bail itself.

Thanks everyone. Somewhere online listed just the bail arm as about $35. Not sure it is worth it. 

Thanks everyone. Somewhere online listed just the bail arm as about $35. Not sure it is worth it. 

Steve is right, I do remember ordering the other parts. Everything else will be another couple of bucks so you will have to decide if it is worth it to you. My Dad has several "B" series with many years in use so I wanted keep the reel alive.

Maybe sell the reel for parts and get the "D" series.