Live lining bunker for bass

Rate this topic

TimS

Depends on the situation....sometimes were live lining to large bass under or right behind bunker schools being ravaged by bluefish....we like to send'em down on a fish finder or knocker rig with a sliding egg sinker....if the yellow eyed demons are present we need to get the bait  down fast else feed the raiders....in that case we're usually using  4 oz eggs depending on water depth and current and other times no weight at all.

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

20 mins ago, Jon I said:

I like those sea striker "quick slides". Easy on, easy off, no retying, and can quickly get the right weight on.  

Those are what I have and plan on using, just looking for a good starting point as I have never done it before. Not sure if it matters or not, but this will be done from a kayak and not a boat. 

Same.........

"Law enforcement’ is not something sovereign citizens seize from police officers. It is a societal function that citizens delegate to civil police.

In so doing, we do not abdicate our own sovereignty, nor our duties as citizens. Ultimate responsibility is still ours. When those we hire as our “Protectors” are either unwilling or unable to perform that function at the critical moment, there is no law, nor standard, that says we cannot perform it for ourselves"........ John Farnam.

"Gird Your Loins"

I like In-line circles for eels and Octopus for bunker......I hook'em just in front of the dorsal and cross their eyes.

"Gird Your Loins"

this thread could turn into 100 pages, are you fishing the bunker schools, are you drifting them deep over structure, are you fishing shallow along a rocky shoreline. I could give you a million Are Yous. Single J/ circle, treble, or bridle?  Whole dead bunker works amazing drifted back through schools in deep water. How are you planning to fish them?

Interrogation......

"Gird Your Loins"

28 mins ago, Flybyme said:

this thread could turn into 100 pages, are you fishing the bunker schools, are you drifting them deep over structure, are you fishing shallow along a rocky shoreline. I could give you a million Are Yous. Single J/ circle, treble, or bridle?  Whole dead bunker works amazing drifted back through schools in deep water. How are you planning to fish them?

I really can't answer those questions because I haven't done it yet. Just trying to prepare as best I can before hand. Ideally I would be snagging them and then switching out and dropping down below the school or keeping them alive until I mark some fish and then drop down to them.

In a yack to begin with, it would be much easier to snag and drop in the beginning......until you develop a system.

"Gird Your Loins"

5 mins ago, big popper said:

i would much rather snag and and then put them on a bait runner with a circle.

some times i'll snag and drop to see if there's bass there.

This is basically my plan. See if I can hook up immediately after snagging. If not, make the switch and drop back down. I'm also planning on making a flat mesh pouch to hang over the side of the kayak to keep 1 or 2 alive for later if necessary.

Seems like it's personal preference whether to go with a circle or octopus. 

Bunker have to swim....a mesh bag won't allow that..

Edited by Mr. Bigdeal

"Gird Your Loins"