JimmyJam

Good surf belt that can support a 3 Tube Bag?

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

Hi, guys, I just recently bought (pending shipment) a 3-tube Flatlander Salter bag. I'm trying to switch from shoulder carrying to belt carrying. 

Can you guys recommend a good surf belt that can support a fairly loaded 3-tube bag? I know Flatlander offers a surf belt, but it's a $100, so I'm wondering if there are any suitable alternatives for cheaper? Funds are running low, lol.

I was looking at the Tiderunner Ultimate Surf Belt, but don't see guys in the pictures using their belt to hold their bag (unless I'm missing something). I also really don't see it in the description. 

Any advice you guys can provide would be very helpful. Thanks!

tide runner - ultimate surf belt things does an awesome job, very nicely built. I think it will get a lot of recommendations 

Thanks. Do you use one with a 3 tube bag? It seems like a great belt, but just want to make sure it fits my application :)

Edited by JimmyJam

Thanks. Do you use one with a 3 tube bag? It seems like a great belt, but just want to make sure it fits my application :)

Yes i have been using it with a 3 tube mak bag, pliers, and some other things on the bag. It holds up the weight great.  You can really tighten the belt and it wont loosen or slip because of the Velcro.  Size guide on their site was spot on and it fit perfectly. Good luck

Yes i have been using it with a 3 tube mak bag, pliers, and some other things on the bag. It holds up the weight great.  You can really tighten the belt and it wont loosen or slip because of the Velcro.  Size guide on their site was spot on and it fit perfectly. Good luck

Thank you. I actually spoke with him yesterday and he seemed to think it would be ok. he's seems like a great guy, so I think i'll try him. 

Any fire and ems equipment website. I use my old tool belt I had on the ambulance. 10 years now and still good. Mine even has a cheap plastic buckle. I don't swim to rocks but its underwater a lot. Paid 15 bucks.