troutman561

St. Croix Mojo jigging rods: Anyone try them out yet?

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

To each their own, no right or wrong type of rod

Im pretty positive i would know the difference

hey man, you asked the question and got an answer. I have been fishing for 40+ years and I am sure you have as well. If you just wanted someone to tell you what you wanted to hear about St Croix then you asked the wrong guy based upon MY experiences. Two rods...both were rated for line much heavier than I had on. Both were from hooking two small fish. Not sure what more you want me to tell you. Just buy whatever makes you happy.

hey man, you asked the question and got an answer. I have been fishing for 40+ years and I am sure you have as well. If you just wanted someone to tell you what you wanted to hear about St Croix then you asked the wrong guy based upon MY experiences. Two rods...both were rated for line much heavier than I had on. Both were from hooking two small fish. Not sure what more you want me to tell you. Just buy whatever makes you happy.

I asked what happened and whats your brand, youre acting like im getting offended by your response n im not

If youre referring to the original post i wasnt the one who started it

I was never dissing any brand or talking bad about them just giving my 2 cents/experience about them you are just assuming im asking a loaded ? when im not

I asked what happened and whats your brand, youre acting like im getting offended by your response n im not

If youre referring to the original post i wasnt the one who started it

yeah don't get offended. Like you said.... to each his own. I did not even go back to read the original post. Just responded to the question you had for me. I did not answer your last question though which was what is my go-to rod. I don't have one brand that I favor over another. I am not going to buy just one brand all of the time. 

I would consider trying a St Croix again one day down the road but for now there are others that I would lean towards first.

Posted (edited) · Report post

yeah don't get offended. Like you said.... to each his own. I did not even go back to read the original post. Just responded to the question you had for me. I did not answer your last question though which was what is my go-to rod. I don't have one brand that I favor over another. I am not going to buy just one brand all of the time.

I would consider trying a St Croix again one day down the road but for now there are others that I would lean towards first.

I was never offended by any post you put up

Edited by Ravens52988

I was using the 6'6" MH spinning last weekend and brought a 50# bluefin to the boat within 15min.  A reel with more drag would have gotten it done quicker.  Only complaint is the hook hanger loop that is massive and kept catching the line.  I grabbed high to cover it but hope this was just on the wrong side of the blank.  Otherwise I would cut it off or tape over it.