dennysnook

Yankee Bluefish

Rate this topic

72 posts in this topic

While fishing Juno Beach pier, I hear the folks down there praise the bluefish up one side and down the other, while exhibiting absolute hatred for false albacore...if you guys want to trade, I'm game....LOL

Denny how did it go on Friday? Was it worth it?

60 cent/lb. Could be better but 2000lbs in a week made for a nice check. Guess it was worth sleeping in my van some days and being the sorest I have ever been considering it was a rough two months previous full of sub $300 checks

60 cent/lb. Could be better but 2000lbs in a week made for a nice check. Guess it was worth sleeping in my van some days and being the sorest I have ever been considering it was a rough two months previous full of sub $300 checks

We can trade jobs. i would much rather fish everyday than deal with my current headache.

Dennysnook over the last couple of weeks S.C. has seen a similar occurrence. We have been seeing an unusual number of big blues caught off the pier. Usually ours are very small in comparison to the fellow's up north, but it appears we are getting a few good ones too. It reminded me of this article. Are y'all still experiencing this?

Dennysnook over the last couple of weeks S.C. has seen a similar occurrence. We have been seeing an unusual number of big blues caught off the pier. Usually ours are very small in comparison to the fellow's up north, but it appears we are getting a few good ones too. It reminded me of this article. Are y'all still experiencing this?

It slowed for a week about two weeks ago, but this last week was pretty good. Ditched the artificial and had to go to live bait to draw them in, so they could of been there the whole time. We were sight casting them with spoons, topwater, or snagging as a last resort. Now you don't see them, but put out a live mullet and they come off the bottom. Some exciting fishing

Nice sized blues blues last week down in NC! We were vertical jigging over wrecks for amberjack, trying to get them fired up enough to hit poppers, and we had probably 6 or so blues over 10lbs come over the gunwale. It was funny watching my NC buddies shouting about the huge yankee blues!

Blues in South FL not that rare. But the story I want to tell is rather old. It seams that there were two years in a row when the blues (in the 20# range) were chasing the mullet in rolled water on the bathing beaches. The outcome was not good for either spices. Many people were bitten and a bunch of blue fish were landed as revenge.

Peace

Denny how did it go on Friday? Was it worth it?

Went from .60 to .85 to .90 cent in following weeks as I caught more and more, so turned out to be a great run for me. Priced dropped to .75 last week but only had a 100lbs or so in. Have around 1000 on this check. Biggest fish I landed was over 18.5lbs