dennysnook

Yankee Bluefish

Rate this topic

72 posts in this topic

Fun to catch, I've had a few big big ass blues off the beach just up the road from the inlet. Haven't tried eating one yet though I'm tempted to see if they really are awful when they're that size. Even the little ones are three times the size of what I was catching last year - those I eat!

So how do you like 'em?

They fight surprisingly similar to our snook at night, and can fool you with the jumps they make. The teeth suck, but have remedied most of that with #10 wire. Biggest issue is landing them. We use drop nets and these pitas bite big *** ***** in the nets then slide through halfway up the jetty. Almost broke a rod and bent a guide this week already. Come payday on Friday I will let you know how much I really like them. If worthless it was a lot of work in vain.

They fight surprisingly similar to our snook at night, and can fool you with the jumps they make. The teeth suck, but have remedied most of that with #10 wire. Biggest issue is landing them. We use drop nets and these pitas bite big *** ***** in the nets then slide through halfway up the jetty. Almost broke a rod and bent a guide this week already. Come payday on Friday I will let you know how much I really like them. If worthless it was a lot of work in vain.

LOL....., yeah they'll chew thru just about anything!! When theyre around its time to put the wooden plugs away and go with plastic. Those size blues I don't mind catching, its the cocktails that are a PITA and those small ones are the ones that are more likely to put a hook in your hand!

Well Denny, enjoy them, I guess.

Fun to catch, I've had a few big big ass blues off the beach just up the road from the inlet. Haven't tried eating one yet though I'm tempted to see if they really are awful when they're that size. Even the little ones are three times the size of what I was catching last year - those I eat!

Bleed em right away, on ice they go. Smoke em and make fish dip!! Yum

This is about the only way I eat them^^^^^^^^^^^^

They really aren't bad if you eat em fresh. If they sit around a while they can be quite strong. Similar in taste to spanish or king macks in my opinion.