More "family values" from the GOP?

Rate this topic

mrl

There is a misconception amongst the rightwing that LGBTQ people aren't in favor of, and participating in, family values.

I am not surprised one bit that another GOP politician, who has been blathering about American Values and wholesome hoo-hah, and garnered support for doing so, has been busted being a hypocrite pedophile.

Maybe there should be laws about which bathroom GOP politicians can use? You know...to protect our children

Your premise is entirely wrong.  I can assure you that there are those in the transgender community who want to blow up the traditional concept of family.   In fact, I had in service on this very thing, with 8 transgender and gender neutral indiviudals explaining how the traditional family concept is biased and bigoted.  They specifically asked poitley and sort of demanded that we grow OUT of using the traditional famliy concept.  Ozzy and HArriet were used as an exmaple of what they wanted to eliminate.  

They said it.  Their words.  They WANTED to train us on this.

But your word matters too, so maybe you are right also.  

Most right wing Christian republican types are like this, the only reason they preach stuff like family values is so no one suspects anything. It seems like when ever someone hates something it is usually something that is a reflection of themselves.

Most?   Yeah?    ****** *** alert  ^.

Most?   Yeah?    ****** *** alert  ^.

Yea, agree. How does he know this slanted view is even close to true.  And the "whenever someone hates something it is usually something that is a reflection of themselves". Judging by his post, he must really want to be a Christian Republican with all the hate he spews out.

Sorry Tim, this is one of them post just meant to start BS by grouping people in one category because of one or a couple out of many that should be in jail. There are bad people in EVERY category of life that are bad, get over it. If guilty, you bring the rope and I will bring the tree, but there is no need to paint all like him. 

Being anti child molester, rapist, murderer, etc.... The hate for these people should be a bi partisan thing. it should never be used against a party for political gain................ 

Edited by Skiddd

"Dont elect a scumbag, no riots, so easy even the alt right should be able to figure it out." - numbnuts

Yea, agree. How does he know this slanted view is even close to true.  And the "whenever someone hates something it is usually something that is a reflection of themselves". Judging by his post, he must really want to be a Christian Republican with all the hate he spews out.

Sorry Tim, this is one of them post just meant to start BS by grouping people in one category because of one or a couple out of many that should be in jail. There are bad people in EVERY category of life that are bad, get over it. If guilty, you bring the rope and I will bring the tree, but there is no need to paint all like him.

post-72188-0-93114700-1489752778.jpg

Who is more humble? The scientist who looks at the universe with an open mind and accepts whatever the universe has to teach us, or somebody who says everything in this book must be considered the literal truth and never mind the fallibility of all the human beings involved?

After a simple google search, so did Barney Frank...hence, my prior post

OK.  Fine. 

How many of you guys call out Republicans when they get caught doing this kind of shi* as compared to when someone like Frank does it?

Pretty much zero, as far as I can tell.

That's the difference.

There are all kinds of scumbags in the world.  Some are Reps, some are Dems., all are scum.  But the GOAL should be to promote family values as opposed to the liberals who only seem to love the gays and the LVRXGTMB community.  So, while Reps try to promote strengthening the family (even though there are some scumbags hiding in the ranks); Dems try to push boys wearing skirts into taking showers with our daughters (I would say the Dems have scumbags hiding in plain sight.)

what is family values as you define it? how are reps trying to promote this?

Is divorce and adultery part of it? Is grabbing a womens vagina part of it?

Reps and Dems are equally bad when it comes to family matters-both have a long way to go in that area. It is not a dem issue or a rep issue but a morality issue that faces most of the country sadly

The family unit of my parents generation does no exist anymore. Today's kids look around and they see immorality not just tolerated but promoted and rewarded by our society.

Edited by superstriper

what is family values as you define it? how are reps trying to promote this?

Is divorce and adultery part of it? Is grabbing a womens vagina part of it?

Reps and Dems are equally bad when it comes to family matters-both have a long way to go in that area. It is not a dem issue or a rep issue but a morality issue that faces most of the country sadly

The family unit of my parents generation does no exist anymore. Today's kids look around and they see immorality not just tolerated but promoted and rewarded by our society.

Family values to me is one good strong man as father and husband, one good strong woman as wife and mother raising their children as best they can to be good, strong, honest people.  Not only is that good for society but it is evolutionary positive.  The family unit of your parents generation is still there, but maybe you don't want to see it.  The point is, society, to improve, should be promoting these values whenever possible instead of trying to destroy the nuclear family.  One of the functions of religion is to promote and reinforce the family bond but all of society benefits from strong families.

The degeneration that we see today is promoted and celebrated by the left, you know it and I know it.  It is how the liberals define deviancy down.  And it is hurting us in many ways to include dysfunctional children = dysfunctional adults, disease, more government payouts translating to more burden on the society as a whole.

As to "grabbing p---y", come on SS.  I know that you are a walking saint and have never said or done anything even close to what Trump said right??  You're just as pure as the driven snow.  Please.  I know I've been crude and a lot worse when I was younger.  But I don't want to lurch into bragging. :-)