Sharky Weekend

Rate this topic

zcoker

This 11 footer was caught on a big Penn Senator....and it still took about 2 hours to bring in while practically anchored in the sand. These Great Hammerheads are brutal fighting fish....Top Guns!

post-64666-0-80911200-1492372290.jpg

post-64666-0-76686200-1492372323.jpg

Talk about GIRTH!!!

post-64666-0-58301300-1492372548.jpg

Sweet! I live in Georgia, Im excited. Heading to the coast in July for my Marine Science class. 

"It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most
Not where you live, what you drive or the price tag on your clothes" -Zac Brown Band

"A leader is someone who keeps their head when everyone else is losing theirs." -Bryant Wright

Sweet! I live in Georgia, Im excited. Heading to the coast in July for my Marine Science class. 

Sea turtle center or the 4h? I may be down there in May or June. Make sure you bring some gear. On a good day, the shark fishing can be bonkers. Although it looks like I will be nursing a bad shoulder this year.

If you can, make the drive a couple hours south to the Florida beaches, there is a lot more beach and a lot more action from shore.

Georgia is my home state...cool! July down here is prime time for big Tiger sharks. Got a friend on here from Belgian coming down in July for that very reason. The Tigers will be chasing the turtles.....and I'll be chasing the Tigers LoL. They're massive, so go BIG on your gear. Be safe.

Georgia is my home state...cool! July down here is prime time for big Tiger sharks. Got a friend on here from Belgian coming down in July for that very reason. The Tigers will be chasing the turtles.....and I'll be chasing the Tigers LoL. They're massive, so go BIG on your gear. Be safe.

July is prime time for tigers in Georgia? Thats awesome.  I'm moving out there this summer and haven't had a good reason to bust out the 14/0 in a couple years haha. 

July is prime time for tigers in Georgia? Thats awesome.  I'm moving out there this summer and haven't had a good reason to bust out the 14/0 in a couple years haha. 

No, Florida is. The tiger sharks come down chasing the turtles that are nesting on the SE Florida coastal beaches....never have figured out how they eat them. Those turtles have shells like concrete!

post-64666-0-26500900-1493166002.jpg

No, Florida is. The tiger sharks come down chasing the turtles that are nesting on the SE Florida coastal beaches....never have figured out how they eat them. Those turtles have shells like concrete!

attachicon.gifimage1(16).JPG

I saw a sea turtle bitten in half on the beach. I think for the big sharks it is like biting through a peanut shell.

Sweet. I need to invest in a shark rig. And Im heading to the UGA Marex field station on Skitaway Island. 

Not where you live, what you drive or the price tag on your clothes" -Zac Brown Band

"A leader is someone who keeps their head when everyone else is losing theirs." -Bryant Wright

Yes sir. 

• 1 month later...

Well, sometimes you can't win them all. Had a go at it a few weekends ago. Some friends came over from the west coast. We setup and put out about 7 baits. I put out two, one on my big conventional and one on my big spinning rod. Wouldn't you know it, of all things, my spinning rod lights up. First picture is the hook-up. Had to lay into that sucker...literally!

msg-64666-0-74370700-1495494228.jpg

This second picture is the same hookup, same beast...but note that the sun is coming up!!! Yes, ALL NIGHT LONG fighting that sucker. Over 11 hours of pure hell. My friends could not fish anymore, had to pull in which is the standard protocol when fish-on. They all waited in anticipation, and so did I, but it never came. All night of being spooled, gaining back, being spooled, gaining back....over and over.,,and I have 700 yards of line on that reel! My hands got badly blistered and my body was wasted. Finally just had to break it off...no way. No one could believe that I hung on that long. All were very supportive. Just an example of what one can be up against when going after the beast of the sea.

msg-64666-0-70190100-1495494446.jpg

A few nights later with some "other" friends. Gotta be nice and use the red lights.They came up, one on my immediate left, one on my immediate right. They have the WHOLE beach but just gotta come up in my face to what all the fuss is about. LOL

post-64666-0-92102400-1496190932.jpg

post-64666-0-57923400-1496190951.jpg

Another frisky girl

post-64666-0-17408100-1496190981.gif

Cool shark man.