zcoker

Sharky Weekend

Rate this topic

230 posts in this topic

7 mins ago, Chunks said:

IMG_4781.JPG.b0f2a20647178d493d52246629ff21ff.JPG

Damn Z!!!  Those are some bomber Jack Crevalles!  I'm a CT guy but absolutely one of my favorite fish to catch when I'm down there (not very often).  I fish some of those spots but no where near have the local knowledge you have. 

Keep up the solid catching!  Great posts

C

Yeah man, pound for pound these monster jacks rock! Blistering top water strikes and canon-ball runs....did I say hold on lol.  Truly a remarkable experience to hook into them. We call them “Florida GT’s”. About as close as one can get to big time high $ GT fishing—locally from the shore! 

12 hours ago, zcoker said:

Yeah man, pound for pound these monster jacks rock! Blistering top water strikes and canon-ball runs....did I say hold on lol.  Truly a remarkable experience to hook into them. We call them “Florida GT’s”. About as close as one can get to big time high $ GT fishing—locally from the shore! 

Id give you my first born to go fishing for them with you, but hes gotten lazy in his late 20s. My second born is property of the US Army, so name your price.

On 2/9/2020 at 9:07 PM, zcoker said:

Who says big hammers don't come close! And I mean VERY CLOSE. Like right up to the shore-break! This 12 footer came right up to the beach and bit off two blacktip sharks that I was about to land. I saved one but the other one was toast...nothing I could do. The hammer came back and chomped the second fish that I had on and then took off for the open ocean with the drag on the spinning reel screaming. It was crazy! Mere feet from the sand! Don't see that too often.

Which Rod and Reel did u use for sharks?

Thanks!