zcoker

Sharky Weekend

Rate this topic

168 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, zcoker said:

I fish either the long key bridge or the seven mile bridge (depending on tidal phases) with Bahia Honda thrown into the mix. The long key is closer to you. Fishing either end early AM produces. There's also the channel 2 bridge and the channel 5 bridge even closer. Same thing, either end early AM except for channel 5 or the seven mile (both east ends are closed on those bridges).

I have bad memories of one of those bridges. I was a young guy fishing for barracuda with my sisters boyfriend and a bottle of rum, we didn’t catch anything, because I was chumming with my dinner. I can’t stand rum to this day.

5 hours ago, zcoker said:

I fish either the long key bridge or the seven mile bridge (depending on tidal phases) with Bahia Honda thrown into the mix. The long key is closer to you. Fishing either end early AM produces. There's also the channel 2 bridge and the channel 5 bridge even closer. Same thing, either end early AM except for channel 5 or the seven mile (both east ends are closed on those bridges).

I haven’t been to the Keys since before hurricane Irma. Are there a lot of parking and fishing spots that are closed from storm damage?

8 hours ago, z-man said:

I haven’t been to the Keys since before hurricane Irma. Are there a lot of parking and fishing spots that are closed from storm damage?

It’s pretty much cleaned up down there, back to normal for the most. The bridge parking is 24/7 and was never really affected. When I go down, whatever bridge I’m on is my hotel for the night(s) lol. Some of the campgrounds are closed, sections of them, at least. I do know that Bahia Honda recently opened its whole park (lot of it was fenced off). But I only use that place to shower and look at some of the female scenery strutting around lol. All in all, the Keys has recovered very well...as usual. Very resilient mentality down there.