zcoker

Sharky Weekend

155 posts in this topic

Hey all, had a good weekend with the surf sharks. 10 sharks landed. Posted a few here. Fished some days and some nights. Epic weekend. All caught on med/heavy spinning rod with lure and bait. Go get 'em!

post-64666-0-15934900-1489698995.jpgpost-64666-0-52840500-1489699115.jpgpost-64666-0-83504000-1489699128.jpgpost-64666-0-28409700-1489699143.jpgpost-64666-0-68027800-1489699180.jpeg

post-64666-0-57626800-1489699195.jpg

Way to go Z ! What lures did the sharks hit and what plug is pictured with that sweet snook ?(my favorite pic)

Nice fish zcoker.

Maybe I will be able to get into some nice fish like that once I get down to Florida in the end of April.

Way to go Z ! What lures did the sharks hit and what plug is pictured with that sweet snook ?(my favorite pic)

I use big top water plugs for the sharks with big J hooks swiveled to the rear......Snook was on a Bomber.

I use big top water plugs for the sharks with big J hooks swiveled to the rear......Snook was on a Bomber.

Also get them on the feathers.

post-64666-0-19137100-1489747121.jpgpost-64666-0-92617700-1489747147.jpg

I am jealous, work and life keeping me off the beach.

You interested in going out of Jupiter tomorrow, Sunday, morning? I have chartered Bite Me and he's been slamming mahi the past week, flies and bait. Just me and my son so plenty of room. On me since I am already paying for the trip. Planning on 8am to 1pm. Seas supposed to be like today, 1-2'.

PM me if interested.

I am jealous, work and life keeping me off the beach.

You interested in going out of Jupiter tomorrow, Sunday, morning? I have chartered Bite Me and he's been slamming mahi the past week, flies and bait. Just me and my son so plenty of room. On me since I am already paying for the trip. Planning on 8am to 1pm. Seas supposed to be like today, 1-2'.

PM me if interested.

PM Sent

That is insane!! Back when I would go out beach side, I would try like hell to get a shark. Once in a blue moon I would be able to nab one. Great pics and great catches! 

Thanks for sharing. 

That is insane!! Back when I would go out beach side, I would try like hell to get a shark. Once in a blue moon I would be able to nab one. Great pics and great catches! 

Thanks for sharing. 

They're a lot more active within their annual migration period, coming closer to shore, feeding and such. I usually look for windy days with an upset surf. Also, test the waters for blue fish or jacks or any other abundant bait fish; sharks are most often near by. Put it all together and it then becomes quite easy to catch them.

Z, returning from NYC tomorrow. What's your weekend forecast?

My forecast? Party cloudy with a good chance of shark bite