Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PhishTwo

Helly Hansen

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Over the course of our fishing lives we all have experiences with vendors that run the gamut from superb to horrifying. While it is important to share less than satisfactory experiences with outfits that disapear upon a purchase, it is far more important to support those companies that stand behind their products to the fullest extent. In my opinion, Helly Hansen is one.

I recently found that my rain suit had some deterioation in the jacket and bibs. I emailed HH and explained that the suit was a few years old, that it was only occasionaly worn, and that it had some problems. I received a response that, in essence said, "Not to worry." I was instructed to send the suit in for inspection and possible repair to the damaged areas. In one week, I received a brand new suit---no questions asked! Outstanding!!!! I was so pleased with the service that I ordered an extra jacket!

I mention this experience not to start a debate on the relative quality of the various products out there. Rather, to urge the support of those companies who stand by their products so that everyone is left happy. HH is surely one! biggrin.gif

I've been wearing a zip up HH jacket now for a few years in the surf and it has stood up really well. Its got a hide-away hood in case it rains. Its only got velcro cuffs but overall the water stays out. Very happy with it.

Did the laminated coating come off/ get gummy? I went thru 2 HH jackets in a year and finally switched brands. REI handled all my returns. No more HH for me unless it's PVC.

Rich: Yes; it was an "Impertech" jacket and the rubber-like laminate separated from the backing then just fell apart. I really can't explain how it happened but it did. Anyway, I'll give the suit another try. If it falls apart agin, I'll look elsewhere.