Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimGil

Danny lures..... ?????

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Going tomorrow in the am to IBSP before sun up, gonna stop and buy a couple Danny lures. What colors would you guys suggest?? Any other lure that might be good to pick up?

I already have a bunch of bombers and pencil poppers.

------------------

usa.giffish10.gifairstrke.gif

Yikes....I thought I was being helpful.

OK...get black and brown......can't go wrong with them. smile.gif

------------------

DC ><}}}}>

Berkeley Striper Club...Seaside, NJ

I like the dark green/silver and the parrot...but ya can only get 'em here...and they aren't here yet...so until then, I'd recommend yellow or white or black at night. Kinda like Dave said wink.gif

TimS

DaveC,

Didnt mean to offend you. I appreciate your input. I was just looking for more suggestions to get a full feel for what works for everyone. I ended up getting a black Polaris Popper and a white/red head Danny.

Thanks for your help Dave, really!!! biggrin.gif

I don't know if i was doing something wrong when i was casting, but the Danny didnt go far at all....there was a east wind in my face, but not a hard one. The Polaris launched out there, but the Danny seemed to flail only about half as far. Is this normal???

------------------

usa.giffish10.gifairstrke.gif

Tim, no offense taken at all.smile.gif I was just kidding....but not on the advice.

As far as the casting goes.....it a'int you...they aren't great casters. The fish usually take them right at the beach!smile.gif

------------------

DC ><}}}}>

Berkeley Striper Club...Seaside, NJ

Danny's are worked on the surface my man, slowly. Supposed to imitate larger baitfish like herring, bunker, or mackerel. If it is digging into the sand yours may be tuned incorrectly, or you are retrieving it too fast, in very shallow water. It takes alot of FAST reeling to get a danny to dig more than a few inches in my experience.

JC