Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonny Bolt

First Danny

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

i had one for ten year's never and used it, just had it hanging in the cellar rafter's. one day this past fall my son was admiring it cool.gif i said go ahead and put it in yor surf bag. well we heard about a blitz going on at north beach. when we got there peanut bunker was everywhere and you could see bass running through them, we snaged a couple peanuts and let them do their thing, not a bite? confused.gif i figured there was way to much bait around they didn't need to look at our's so i said to my kid tie on that white danny, as soon as it hit the water he had a bass on icon25.gif he did great with that lure until a large bluefish ripped it off.we have purchased alot of the dannys since and have caught alot of bass with them untill the cold weather , now there are 20 danny's hanging from the rafters, waiting for the warm weather to arrive! i don't know why i never used the one that i had hanging around for ten years confused.gif but i'll tell you this fall run sold me on Danny's and their ability to catch!

Great story! I knew I had to get some, when after telling the story of a big blitz I walked into last fall, someone here said "shoulda thrown out a Danny". I was fishin' my Skitter Pop in Mullet pattern, and caught over a dozen fish up to 27", but couldnt get that pig that was probably in there somewhere smile.gif