thatkidkevo

Where Are you guys going for opening day?

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

cant keep till april though :(

....and for many that is perfectly fine.  I don't plan to fish the bay/tributaries other than perch and shad.  I have in the past along with trolling during trophy season but I will bend the rods on the Oceanside only this spring.  between the temps and reduced FW flow at the head of the bay it will make for an interesting spawn this year.  It will be interesting to see what the YOY results look like.

Edited by AtTheBar

....and for many that is perfectly fine.  I don't plan to fish the bay/tributaries other than perch and shad.  I have in the past along with trolling during trophy season but I will bend the rods on the Oceanside only this spring.  between the temps and reduced FW flow at the head of the bay it will make for an interesting spawn this year.  It will be interesting to see what the YOY results look like.

On the plus side I think most fish will be able to spawn out before they get slaughtered for "trophy" season.

On the plus side I think most fish will be able to spawn out before they get slaughtered for "trophy" season.

IF they spawn out....but I agree.  I am thinking 2 weeks earlier than usual for the main biomass to get on the move and turn the corner to head north.  The IF comes into play with regard to the reduced snow and rainfall that inundates the flats via the Northeast and Susquehanna tributaries.  We may see a few more sea run fish with eggs this spring.

On 3/9/2017 at 3:54 PM, AtTheBar said:

IF they spawn out....but I agree.  I am thinking 2 weeks earlier than usual for the main biomass to get on the move and turn the corner to head north.  The IF comes into play with regard to the reduced snow and rainfall that inundates the flats via the Northeast and Susquehanna tributaries.  We may see a few more sea run fish with eggs this spring.

pshhh.... what does this guy know?!?!?!

5 hours ago, boab said:

pshhh.... what does this guy know?!?!?!

Hey ya big donkey. Don't you have a tent to build in Tokyo or some other illegitimate reason to not fish with me this weekend?  Hope all is well. 

11 hours ago, AtTheBar said:

Hey ya big donkey. Don't you have a tent to build in Tokyo or some other illegitimate reason to not fish with me this weekend?  Hope all is well. 

Repair work at LAX until the 16th.  But at least I be able to do some fishing on the left coast.