H'Islander

Miss the founding fathers...

Rate this topic

72 posts in this topic

22 mins ago, Mike Fixter said:

HEY LOOK !!!!! ...........................   A Bassmaster sighting...... Hi Dave,  I hope you are still upright & got a pulse....

Yes how are ya bubbah,  can i have a lure...

On 5/22/2019 at 3:19 PM, bassmaster said:

Oh god fish that, that run was in on the water. Cant remember the article been in to many :)

I don't have one like that. Can you send me one...

On 10/6/2018 at 5:50 PM, fishing bum wannabe said:

Back in the winter of 2005 there was a get together in Slipknots shop of many of the "founding Fathers". I took this photo of Old John, Bassmaster and Habs. Other folks that were there were Mr. Pogie, Cape Sams, Slipknot, Chum Bucket, Flap Tail, Big Fish, Salty Bugger and many others. It was the beginning of Plugfest on the other site. It was a great time and the work I saw that day was an inspiration to upgrade the quality of my own lures. 

Some of these builders have passed on, some are no longer active. Many are still building and there are a number of "new" builders who have filled in to replace the missing. I believe there are more builders now than there ever were, some of these guys producing work that rivals that done by the "founding fathers".

John Merwin, Bassmaster, John Habs.JPG

The gathering.JPG

Great thread and excellent pictures Fred. I see Old John's NO PLUG HO'ING  sign in the background there, classic.

the other picture I see Bigfish,Vinyardblues,Toby,Big Dave,Throwing Timber,Mike Thomas, Capesams, JohnR, I think Mac, Dave Laporte-Stifftip, Bassmaster,Flaptail and PNG. Wow what a crowd. Those were the days.

It seems the guys building plugs these days have stepped it up to Mr. Pogie level and beyond. We caught and are catching a lot of fish on our plugs. I have not made one in many years but still have some. 

Even KarlF was there!

2005PLUGPARTY 003.jpg

23 hours ago, slipknot said:

... I have not made one in many years but still have some. ....

You should start making more. You made some good stuff. Can't always bounce a jig ;) 

Hi jenty,

I read on another post that you mentioned you used to lived in Penn Estate.  I am renting an apartment for the weekend over there this weekend, and the office said the lake is closed.  Do you happens to know any other area close by that I can go fish without needing a boat?  Thanks a lot!

Richard