mitchellgoosen

Hows a stock Tacoma on the beach?

52 posts in this topic

Watching some videos of people getting stuck at sore thumb has me a bit nervous.  I fully understand about airing down.  Eventually I would like to get bilstein 5100's to level off the truck and fit some larger tires under it, but for now its bone stock.  How should it do?

2009 sr5 double cab long bed. I believe it also has the auto lsd button if that helps.

It still had a lot of life in it when I let it go. The only thing I had to replace were tires and breaks. Good luck with your new truck!

Thank you

Thanks for letting me know it did well on the sand as well

Nope a stock taco won't work on the beach. Of course it will work on the beach. No need to do anything to it unless you just like to throw money down a hole.

HA, I guess what I meant was, is there certain things I should do to it to make it better for the beach.

I have a 2014 Tacoma.  Stock will work fine on the beach but bigger tires will make it even better.  I increased my tires one size to 265/75R16 and it floats much better in soft sand.  

I have a 2014 Tacoma.  Stock will work fine on the beach but bigger tires will make it even better.  I increased my tires one size to 265/75R16 and it floats much better in soft sand.  

I got rid of the 17" stock wheels and went with 16" with those same sized tires. Big difference on the sand.

Larger tires will be my first upgrade.  Any rubbing issues?

i have a brand new 2015 Tacoma and its a beast on the sand- literally. haven't done anything to it except for roof racks for my rods. as long as you air done properly and don't do anything stupid you will be just fine with stock