veteran.scott

ODM NEX1

Rate this topic

142 posts in this topic

Hello,

Currently, we are working our ways into RI/MA area. Soon Narrow River Custom rods in RI and CMS in MA will be carrying the NEX1 blanks. We hope to have them there very soon. Thank you for all the inquiries. If you need any updated news, please feel free to contact the company or send me an message. Thank you! - Steve

Are you guys going to be at the Rhode Island Saltwater Fishing Show in March? I'm looking for a 10' rod that throws 3/4 to 4oz.

Hello,

Currently, we are working our ways into RI/MA area. Soon Narrow River Custom rods in RI and CMS in MA will be carrying the NEX1 blanks. We hope to have them there very soon. Thank you for all the inquiries. If you need any updated news, please feel free to contact the company or send me an message. Thank you! - Steve

Are you guys going to be at the Rhode Island Saltwater Fishing Show in March? I'm looking for a 10' rod that throws 3/4 to 4oz.

Hello Night Moves,

Unfortunately, we will not be attending the Rhode Island Saltwater Fishing show this year due to our schedule and thank you for asking.  However, we will do our best to attend next year.  Currently, the NEX1 10' is only available in 1 to 5 oz. rating.  If you are looking for 3/4-4 oz range rod, we feel that Nex1 1 to 5 will handle it well. If 2 piece is okay with you, we do have Genesis 10' 3/4-4 oz range.  Thank you - Steve

Has anyone used or heard anything about this rod as a review since it's came into production?

veteran.scott

I did some field testing with this rod, in the off season. I tested the NEX1 - 116,  -  11'  -  2 - 6oz.  Our test where done off a dock, that had a channel marker 106 yards out. The night conditions had a 1 - 2 knot breeze at out back. My test cast where preformed using a 3 1/2oz. Afterhours Senior Blimp pencil popper. I started out casting with the plug landing next to the buoy, then passing the buoy on the next few casts, as I developed a feel for the rod.  Achieving cast that landed approximately116 yards out. We made additional test that night, covering the full 2 - 6oz. lure rage on the rod. Followed by drag test, that Steve always like's to perform. This gives you an idea, the backbone, and fish fighting capabilities the rod has. So not only does the rod have a good sensitive feel to detect subtle bump, or your lure swimming. It has the power, and backbone to turn any respectable fish.

Go to the nearest beach demo with your plug bag, too see for yourself, what rod is right for you.

Hope this helps Scott

Lou

Edited by Lou T

Can someone explain the meaning of "Max drag" in the specification of that blank ? What makes this blank so sensitive to max drag?

lots of rods use max drag in their rating. 

Generally meaning max drag setting to be fished at a 45 degree angle.   Often used on tuna gear

lots of rods use max drag in their rating.

Generally meaning max drag setting to be fished at a 45 degree angle. Often used on tuna gear

Can you point me to any vendor who uses this rating for surf rods.

What does it mean? Is that the max drag I can set on the reel and anything above that is a user error which may cause the rod to break?

Also, if it is so useful why is it not included in the spec of Genesis or Frontier?

Hi levari

I had to take a look for myself because that information was posted on their web site, however you were right. When ODM released the new web page that information was not added back in again, but it is now, thanks to you. All rods have their max drag setting publicized again. The NEX1 - 116 has a max drag of 25 pounds.

My friend Scott has a Custom Genisis NXG - 116.  Last fall.  Scott was fishing with so much drag, he was getting pulled off the rocks by fish. Just to give you an idea on the power, and backbone these rods have.

Hope this clears things up.

Lou

Edited by Lou T

Hi levari

I had to take a look for myself because that information was posted on their web site, however you were right. When ODM released the new web page that information was not added back in again, but it is now, thanks to you. All rods have their max drag setting publicized again. The NEX1 - 116 has a max drag of 25 pounds.

My friend Scott has a Custom Genisis NXG - 116.  Last fall.  Scott was fishing with so much drag, he was getting pulled off the rocks by fish. Just to give you an idea on the power, and backbone these rods have.

Hope this clears things up.

Lou

Thanks bud, I see now consistency on the web site and knowing you. I take your word for it.. :)

Edited by levari

Can you point me to any vendor who uses this rating for surf rods.

Surf rods nada.  Used elsewhere often

sometimes as max fight drag

or max at 45

Edited by scoobydoo

Surf rods nada. Used elsewhere often

sometimes as max fight drag

or max at 45

It does not make sense to suggest 45 degree for surf rod..make sense for boat rods...