veteran.scott

ODM NEX1

Rate this topic

142 posts in this topic

While you're here and in the question answering mood - any plans for a 9' one piece anytime soon?

​Hi Tlap21,

Thank you for your inquiry.  We have been working on prototyping the 9' NEX1 and almost there.  It's coming out beautifully.  We will keep everyone informed.  Thanks - Steve

Icepants- Well, from a business perspective that would be the idea!

I agree you need innovation to keep moving in the marketplace. However they have released two line of rods in less than a year. This is hardy  enough time to establish them in the market, IMO this gives the impression of a scatter gun trying to hit a target. I could maybe understanding wanting to offer blanks just for the builder but again you could offer blanks from the Genesis or Frontier line to builders.You already have offerings in the moderate and moderate fast what if the target that the Nex is trying to hit?  

Amazing, companies just can't win sometimes. They have three rod/blank lines out, different actions, different lengths, all 2 piece (many do not like 2 piece rods...). . The company seems to make a nice product (I have several), continues to offer more products and then gets their motives questioned. I don't get it. 

Max drag would be a much more useful rating in the industry than line class, which is worthless

What does it mean? Is that the max drag I can set on the reel and anything above that is a user error which may cause the rod to break?

Also, if it is so useful why is it not included in the spec of Genesis or Frontier?

Edited by levari