veteran.scott

ODM NEX1

Rate this topic

142 posts in this topic

Hello Icepant,

Thank you for your questions.

NEX1 is a 1 piece blank with different action compare to other line up in ODM surf rods such as Genesis and Frontier X you mentioned.  Surfcasters asked for one piece ODM with some of the benefits and advancements of modern technology for while now.  NEX1 is only available as a blank.  The complete rod will be available as a custom rod from your favorite builder/dealer.

As you know rods are very subjective.  And best rod is the rod you are most comfortable with.

We at ODM will continue to strive for new innovation and products.  And would like to deliver different options for our surfcasters.

Thank you - Steve
Edited by ODM

Hello Team ODM, where will the Nex1 fit in? Last year ODM introduced new both the Genesis and the Frontier. I hope this isn't a plan to keep introducing the newest and best into the market just to drive sales.

Sorry for the double post. 

Hello Icepant,

Thank you for your questions.

NEX1 is a 1 piece blank with different action compare to other line up in ODM surf rods such as Genesis and Frontier X you mentioned.  Surfcasters asked for one piece ODM with some of the benefits and advancements of modern technology for while now.  NEX1 is only available as a blank.  The complete rod will be available as a custom rod from your favorite builder/dealer.

As you know rods are very subjective.  And best rod is the rod you are most comfortable with.

We at ODM will continue to strive for new innovation and products.  And would like to deliver different options for our surfcasters.

Thank you - Steve
Edited by ODM

ODM what are the weights of these blanks... oz please?

Hi,

May I ask which NEX1 blank you are interested.  I will get the physical weight for you... Also, highly recommended to have it in your hand .. the blank/rod.. it might tell the different story.  All rods feels little different once its on your hand.  Top heavy, bottom heavy, etc. to your liking.  Thank you  - Steve 

Edited by ODM

Where are these blanks manufactured?

Hello,

​The design and engineering aspect is done in NJ.  We roll the blank in ODM high quality factory in China. Thank you.  - Steve

Edited by ODM

ODM... interested in the 11 ft 2-6! Lmk blank weight when u get the chance. Thank you :)

Hi Fishy4335,

Our pleasure.  the NEX1-116 11' 2-6 weighs avg. 9.75 oz.  If you have any other questions, please let me know.  Thank you  - Steve

Ok... just out of curiosity what do other 2 blanks. The lighter 11 and the 10? Thanks

Hi,

NEX1-114 11' 3/4-4 average physical weight is 9.05 oz and NXE1-105 10' 1 to 5 average physical weight is 7.25 oz.  All 3 NEX1 blanks are bottom heavy relatively.  Thanks - Steve

Excellent... and where can I get one built? I am on long island

Hi again,

Currently, we have two builders that I would highly recommend.  One is Cow Harbor Bait and Tackle 631.239.1631 (Mark) and the other one is Lou Custom Rods  516.901.0515 (Lou).  Thank you for your interest.  - Steve