veteran.scott

ODM NEX1

Rate this topic

142 posts in this topic

i used my 11' 3/4-4 last week for the first time. i built it myself with a kr layout, so it's a bit different. the rod was totally over-gunned for what i was doing. most of hte fish were 18-24", did drop a fish that probably easily would've been in the mid to upper 30" class. the blank was very nice, i didn't fish the entire rating range, mainly 1-3 and it did that well. no doubt it could go higher, below 1oz might be a bit light for the rod. i liked the action on the blank, liked how it load, liked how it fished. 

i made a lot of rods this year, still need to rotate thru them but i could easily see this one being the new favorite. now it just needs to hold up to use and abuse.

On 3/8/2017 at 2:43 PM, Fishy4335 said:

Just picked up the 10' 1-5 today from Cow Harbor.... and all I can say is! WOW..

So, how has this rod served you last season? Pros or cons? 

I ended up not using it all that much last year. Shortly after my post above I tore the meniscus in my left knee and that put a big damper on my spring and summer. When I started back up again I rotated thru a few and settled on another rod for almost all of my fishing for the entire fall. It did get used but not much. I like it, right now I like something else a bit more.

6 hours ago, Night Moves said:

So, how has this rod served you last season? Pros or cons? 

Excellent rod.... high sticked it too

Edited by Fishy4335

1 hour ago, Drew C. said:

I ended up not using it all that much last year. Shortly after my post above I tore the meniscus in my left knee and that put a big damper on my spring and summer. When I started back up again I rotated thru a few and settled on another rod for almost all of my fishing for the entire fall. It did get used but not much. I like it, right now I like something else a bit more.

You're keeping us in suspense... What other rod are you liking more? 

Posted (edited) · Report post

For my knowledge I'm curious what the difference is between these blanks graphite formulation and other moderate action graphites?

Durability, weight, recovery as well as any opinions on this line of blanks vs more traditional options...

Edited by DeepBlue85