veteran.scott

ODM NEX1

Rate this topic

142 posts in this topic

The 11' one pice has become available on Long Island in a 1-4 and a 2-6 if thats the rod your speaking of. Folks are speaking favorably of them and the "buzz" is starting to increase. I haven't seen any reviews but built up samples have been available at some of the shows.The two piece 11" was used by one guy in my club last fall and he loves it. 

Marc

The NEX1 just recently launched and builders are busy with builds. Some people were able to cast them during demos and had very good reviews. Should be getting reviews in the near future

Team ODM

Edited by Master Debaiter

I have a couple built. The 11ft 3/4-4 has a super light tip, good for folks who are really into their light bucktailing and soft plastics. However, depending on whether you used single foot or double foot running guides you can "beef it up" and give it a more medium-heavy feel when under load (more backbone). The 11ft 2-6 built with double foots a friggin monster, has some serious backbone. Also the "recovery" is amazing, casts like a wand without that after wobble. Both have some good flexability for pencil popping. Lots of folks seem to like them

I have all 3 blanks in the shop here on Long Island as does Cow Harbour Bait and Tackle. I have all 3 rods built up to check out. Did a demo back in December. All tghe guys testing them out had favorable comments. They all have great backbone and cast really well. Nex1 only comes in 1 piece blanks. No built rods. Cow Harbour will be building shop rods if you don't want to wait for a custom..You can go to ODM's website to get the spec's and prices on the blanks.

The NEX1 just recently launched and builders are busy with builds. Some people were able to cast them during demos and had very good reviews. Should be getting reviews in the near future

Team ODM

Hello Team ODM, where will the Nex1 fit in? Last year ODM introduced new both the Genesis and the Frontier. I hope this isn't a plan to keep introducing the newest and best into the market just to drive sales.

I have all 3 blanks in the shop here on Long Island as does Cow Harbour Bait and Tackle. I have all 3 rods built up to check out. Did a demo back in December. All tghe guys testing them out had favorable comments. They all have great backbone and cast really well. Nex1 only comes in 1 piece blanks. No built rods. Cow Harbour will be building shop rods if you don't want to wait for a custom..You can go to ODM's website to get the spec's and prices on the blanks.

Of the NXT1 blanks, are any of them 10' with a lure weight of 3/4-4oz?

10' is 1-5oz.  I really wish they had a 9 footer!  

attachicon.gifnex1.png

if you're near seaside heights stop in at grumpy's Bob mentioned he may cut a 105 down to a 9fter  he built 1a bunch of nex1's for surf day  they came out great 

Edited by WadingGame