fishweewee

Angry anglers lead to attacks, feces-smearing at Florida pier

Rate this topic

95 posts in this topic

Pffft. We've been doing this on the backside of Democrat Point for ages.  :laugh:

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime--law/angry-anglers-lead-attacks-feces-smearing-florida-pier/sD7L4p6et6DltBf2LEivLN/

Angry anglers lead to attacks, feces-smearing at Florida pier

Ryan DiPentima  Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

3:30 p.m Tuesday, Feb. 21, 2017  Local News

One Florida fishing pier is cracking down on vengeful fishermen who have gone as far as defecating on the pier’s in order to mark their space.

According to Florida Today, the good fishing at the Sebastian Inlet pier has led to increasing disputes among anglers, including aggressive tactics like throwing fishing weights and gear at each other and boaters, and the boaters sometimes retaliating in kind.

The problem doesn’t quiet at night, leading officials to consider closing the pier at night because injuries, including two victims being taken to the hospital.

"We've had reports of people defecating and spreading it on the rail to mark their territory so nobody will fish next to them," administrator for the Sebastian Inlet District Martin Smithson told Florida Today. "There have been several citations for public urination."

The inlet district passed a resolution this month asking for help from law enforecement. District officials hope the pier will be patrolled 24/7 by Florida wildlife officers, but the question of funding and how a patrol would work remain. 

No one has been arrested yet, but authorities are on the lookout. If caught, the crime of throwing a hard projectile into a boat in state waters is a second-degree felony, punishable by up to 15 years in jail and a $10,000 fine, according to Florida Today.

Spot burn.

Who in their right mind would mark off their space by smearing feces on a rail that even they would have to smell and possibly touch?

I wouldn't go there for money.

Haven't been on that pier. Other piers in Fla were nightmares. I watched people steal bait & others possessions when they had to use a restroom. They try to intimidate. They crowd you and if you hook one they are all over you. If you're fighting a fish they will steal from you also.

Only times I was ever on those piers was in what used to be the off season. Only cordial conversation I had was with some other person that was visiting. I wasn't there for conversation and always felt like a potential mark.

Just my experience. A few times my brother was with me. He was a local and a large guy. He got the same treatment and had plenty of stories. Even the people that ran the piers added to the Twilight zone ambiance.

This was in the '90's.  Sounds like it got worse.

I remember working at Spruce run reservoir in high school

The restroom by the beach had **** with hand prints 7 feet up the wall and they were adult sized handprints..........common occurrence.....still don't understand that

That and someone **** in a urinal and put a winnie the pooh doll on top of it.

Same brother I described above worked in one of those little 7 11 type stores.

He was continuously threatened with crap deeds.. People would come out of the bathroom with one in their hands and try to extort merchandise by saying the would not smear this if you give me that.

One store was across from one of the piers. 

Edited by Gatr522

Quote: "One Florida fishing pier is cracking down on vengeful fishermen who have gone as far as defecating on the pier’s in order to mark their space".

Now this is funny.................democrat fishermen.....for sure.

Quote: "One Florida fishing pier is cracking down on vengeful fishermen who have gone as far as defecating on the pier’s in order to mark their space".

Now this is funny.................democrat fishermen.....for sure.

Now this is funny.................democrat fishermen.....for sure..... :laugh: 

DennySnook is getting territorial is see!   :)

Unbelievable, I thought it was disgusting when people left their trash, and bait laying around.

I have stray dogs, cats that wonder onto our property, and do that... :dismay: 

Lou T

This is the biggest bunch of bs. ****ting on the pier to mark their territory, lol. Another press release by a bunch of idiots who have no concept of what goes on, and relies on second hand information and heresay. Yes there is boater conflict and it will remain, because there are 80,000 people who visit the jetty, and all rights go to the boaters. Blame the fishermen because you allow an **** boater to park 30 feet off the jetty where 20 people are already fishing and then conflict happens.

DennySnook is getting territorial is see! :)

I know it's tough this time of year.....but don't be a deeewwwwwsh

edited scooby

Edited by scoobydoo