iphish

Do you prefer ceramic Tile or wood floors?

Rate this topic

73 posts in this topic

Especially unarmed black teens. White hispanics hate unarmed black teen

The best part. White decrepit Deplorables paid his bill. All because they hate blacks. The day you guys align with Mexicans is a sad day indeed. Only one thing can bring you together. Hate. Trump saw it. Trump used it and you fools elected a buffoon to lead us all. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Marble floors. Please

If you think that's what I meant. Here it comes.

DeeeeePlooooooRaaaaaable!!!!

You shouldn't be ragging on your own people, it's bad enough that some here are doing that, you shouldn't be one of them.

If you haven't looked at the various porcelain flooring options available these days you are missing out :)  You can't scratch them - my brother dragged a screw driver, cat's paw and hammer claw across the floor where it was going to be covered by cabinets. Not a mark. It dulled the cat's paw noticeably. People think our floor is wood until we tell them...then they touch it. Wood needs to be refinished - this will last forever without ever being marred or scratched.  There's a deck door coming into the kitchen - lots of sandy, wet feet will be coming in/out that door....a wood floor wouldn't last...this stuff will :th:

porcelain-floor.jpg

Oh...and buh-bye Garriga...apparently you found out not all administrators here are as patient as I am :wave:

TimS

If you haven't looked at the various porcelain flooring options available these days you are missing out :)  You can't scratch them - my brother dragged a screw driver, cat's paw and hammer claw across the floor where it was going to be covered by cabinets. Not a mark. It dulled the cat's paw noticeably. People think our floor is wood until we tell them...then they touch it. Wood needs to be refinished - this will last forever without ever being marred or scratched.  There's a deck door coming into the kitchen - lots of sandy, wet feet will be coming in/out that door....a wood floor wouldn't last...this stuff will :th:

attachicon.gifporcelain-floor.jpg

Oh...and buh-bye Garriga...apparently you found out not all administrators here are as patient as I am :wave:

TimS

That's porcelain??? It looks just like wood. Really nice Tim. :th:

that's porcelain ?  it looks lovely, it reminds me of Italy. 

how does it work out cost wise ?

what happens if you drop something heavy on it ?

That's porcelain??? It looks just like wood. Really nice Tim. :th:

Yes, porcelain...amazing stuff...I think there are 9 different "board" patterns so that there's not a lot of repeating - most others I looked at only had four patterns...no way to do a big floor without seeing tons of the same "board" with only four different patterns.

that's porcelain ?  it looks lovely, it reminds me of Italy. 

how does it work out cost wise ?

what happens if you drop something heavy on it ?

I've dropped a ton of stuff on it - only thing that damaged a tile was dropping my framing hammer...landed on the corner of a tile and cracked it.  We've dropped heavy glasses, tools, pots, pans...knocked one of the door shelves outta the fridge once, all sorts of jars and glass bottles busted all over the place - zero tiles damaged :)  Porcelain is tough stuff - these "boards" are thicker than the same exact brand/color if they were purchased from Home Depot. HD had these in 2ft lengths..I fell in love with the color...but wanted longer boards. Found the in 3ft boards online - when they were delivered I found out they were much more substantial than the same brand/color from HD :squid: These are thick, strong tiles - so far only a hammer has busted one. They are supported well by the thinset used to attach them to the floor...not much room underneath for them to break.

Carole loves the floor because you don't see any kinda dirt on them :)

TimS

good to know, I was going to ask about the HD stuff - $2.99 a sqr ft, versus $8.99 online elsewhere. 

That would be $1300 for our kitchen, but it looks worth it.

it sounds like you've had it a while - do you have floor heating under there ?  thats also an issue in the wood versus stone debate - cold feet in midwinter.

Holy crap, can't believe that porcelain wow. 

When the kids were younger, going to beach daily, me fishing & playing beach volleyball, we have have outdoor shower to get the sand off before entering the home- poor mans hot tub. Although we have one of those too.

good to know, I was going to ask about the HD stuff - $2.99 a sqr ft, versus $8.99 online elsewhere. 

That would be $1300 for our kitchen, but it looks worth it.

it sounds like you've had it a while - do you have floor heating under there ?  thats also an issue in the wood versus stone debate - cold feet in midwinter.

I got it for $3.99/sq ft - but that was 2014. I did the kitchen, foyer, dining room and laundry room - about 800 sq ft total. 

Yes, we have radiant heat...feels nice on the feet on cold mornings :)  Not sure how wood would remain warmer than tile in the same air temps...some kinda voodoo magic? :b:

TimS

I may go porcelain wgen I redo my nearly brand new kitchen floor that already needs to be redone

I i wS near a realkeyboard i would have questions for tim

If/when you get near a keyboard, feel free to ask :wave:

Maybe start a new discussion in the Tavern so others who aren't ascared of the lawless Outpost can get involved :idea:

TimS