albacized

Would you guys consider a Saltiga 4000H and Stella 6000SW....

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

...The same class size of a reel? The reason I ask is because that is the gist I get...but when I read the specs on line, it seems like the line capacity of a Saltiga 4000 is more so in line with a Stella 8000SW, but weighs approximately the same as a Stella 5000SW (but the drag capacity of the Stella 8000 blows away the drag capacity of a Saltiga 4000)

I would consider them the same class of reel. I usually go by size and weight of reels when comparing them.

Salita 4k has more than enough drag for what I have used it for.

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 2/16/2017 at 1:10 PM, dennysnook said:

6k is same size class as 4k Daiwa, but Daiwa has a lil more capacity I have never used. 8k Stella is comparable to a 5k Saltiga

Denny how much more line were u able to get on the Daiwa 4000 than Stella 6000? You think I could get 300 yards of Jerry Brown hc 40#~10% more than Stella 6000?

Edited by BrianBM

wwen, please don't post links to commercial sites.  It's against the rules, and the house software will exclude your post until I or some other moderator has noticed, and edited your post.

18 hours ago, wwen said:

Denny how much more line were u able to get on the Daiwa 4000 than Stella 6000? You think I could get 300 yards of Jerry Brown hc 40#~10% more than Stella 6000?

Hard to recall off hand but think I could get about 325 of 30 invisa on my 4k and 300 on the 6k. Jerry Brown Hollow will lay flat under high tension so you should be able to get 300 of 40 on there. I don't like to use hc on spinners though because it twists up like a mofo. Was in a pinch so put 50lb threadlock on a spinner last week, and after half hour of spoon chucking with a swivel my braid was braided