Mental Illness

Rate this topic

analyst

Do we have a list of mental disorders that should strip someone of their constitutional rights?

1.  What is the list of approved mental disorders stripping rights?

2.  Are all rights stripped, or just some.  if some, which ones?

my wife watches that **** head Dr Phil.  Even he said the other day that mental health professionals can not predict what actions a person may take.

Edited by jkrock

"mother Theresa was a POS"-fish'nmagician

Didn't stop Obama.

Liberalism is Leprosy.

Obama did not present with a diagnosable mental disorder., so I won't bother to debate you on non sense. Before you respond that he did..be sure to.demonstrate a specific DSM V psychiatric disorder.

Edited by analyst

Obama did not present with a diagnosable mental disorder., so I won't bother to debate you on non sense. Before you respond that he did..be sure to.demonstrate a specific DSM V psychiatric disorder.

Welcome aboard.  You been sitting on the sidelines for almost 2 years ?

We'll have none of that. Put on a helmet and get on the playing field !    :howdy:

"I was a waste of time dumbasses." --  sevenxseventy01

Making the same stupid mistake again and again KNOWING the outcome is not only a failure but could also endanger your health and welfare....THAT'S mental illness.

Like taking in hundreds of thousands of hostile refugees bent on destroying your way of life and reducing your country to third world living conditions under barbaric eighth century religious laws that promote beheading non-believers, tossing gays off rooftops, raping women and little boys....you know....like the Europeans did. Look at Germany. France.

Yet according to our liberal poofters, we should embrace any and all wanting to come here while singing "Kumbaya".....

THAT'S ******* mental illness

where did you get the definition of mental illness from a tee shirt slogan?

Oh, you can bother to "debate" me any time you want.  I was being flip about Obama but I can provide all the reviews of his speeches in which he referred to himself constantly.  Most President's are narcissists  goes with the large ego to think you can be President.

Anyway, please enlighten us with your liberal BS and tell us why Trump is insane.  BTW, it says a lot that an insane person could destroy Hillary and the Democratic Party with one shot.  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Should mental illness preclude someone from serving as president?

I for one would like to compliment you on an excellent and very timely first thread topic. It's the kind of serious, thought-provoking thread that a few of us would like to see more of.

A diagnosis of mental illness should not disqualify anybody from the Presidency, as a generality. It would, first, be a question of what kind. There are no current cures, only treatments (but that could change someday). At the moment, anybody who has a ME involving psychosis, even if they're on effective treatment, should be barred, IMO. Lesser ailments, one-time events, or something that involves at the most maintenance meds, shouldn't be an issue. It really could happen to anybody. Believe Me! I mean, I think I'm as stable and rational as anybody here...

It didn't stop liberals from voting.

Weren't just libruls voted for Uncle Obammy.

So wingnuts on the right oughta support a mandatory physical and mental evaluation by a panel of independent docs after announcing candidacy, lest you get Hussein II, followed by Liz, then Chelsea.

Or tell me how I have that wrong...

Did you mistype? I think you meant "should", but I also dont mean to put words in your mouth, so apologies if you really meant  to type "would"

I meant would not. A person with mental illness "should" not be running for public office. And if for some reason he/she did run for public office and we the people are aware of this mental illness, we "would" not elect such a candidate. :howdy:  

AKN-2 USS Sagittarius

BE ENCOURAGING, NOT DISCOURAGING

<*((())))>< <*((())))><

Do we have a list of mental disorders that should strip someone of their constitutional rights?

1.  What is the list of approved mental disorders stripping rights?

2.  Are all rights stripped, or just some.  if some, which ones?

my wife watches that **** head Dr Phil.  Even he said the other day that mental health professionals can not predict what actions a person may take.

I dont think anyone should lose any rights for being mentally ill. Thats a very slippery slope

I for one would like to compliment you on an excellent and very timely first thread topic. It's the kind of serious, thought-provoking thread that a few of us would like to see more of.

A diagnosis of mental illness should not disqualify anybody from the Presidency, as a generality. It would, first, be a question of what kind. There are no current cures, only treatments (but that could change someday). At the moment, anybody who has a ME involving psychosis, even if they're on effective treatment, should be barred, IMO. Lesser ailments, one-time events, or something that involves at the most maintenance meds, shouldn't be an issue. It really could happen to anybody. Believe Me! I mean, I think I'm as stable and rational as anybody here...

Yes i agree. It is really a matter of severity. The ADA would have a field day if there was  blanket denial of opportunity.