Shag

I'm a sportsman tell me how Trump's appointees are going to make it better?

Rate this topic

57 posts in this topic

Thank ya.

I wilkl research, but just a quickie Q

" the pistol eligibility certificate fee "

What in the name of God is that?

In the wake of the SH massacre, the Dems, in control of both sides of the Legislature and the Governor, pushed through SB1160 in the form of Public Act 13-3. They did so using an "emergency" procedure that did away with committee discussion, hearings and committee votes. It was a rail-roading of epic proportions but the Hartford GOP leadership went along with it because they are RINOs and because they feared electoral retribution for ignoring "the children". Funny thing is, more Dems who voted for SB1160 have lost their seats in subsequent elections than have GOP members who voted against it. Go figure. 

PA13-3 included:

Changed the definition of "assault weapon" making a single "feature" is not the definition (was any two features)

Changed the definition of "assault weapon" by adding a new "feature": pistol grip below the chamber

Registration requirement for all existing "assault weapons" that were owned prior to the date of enactment of CT's existing AWB - this meant "pre-ban" weapons (manu before 1994 date)

Prohibited the purchase or transfer of any new "assault weapons" that were not pre-bans. 

Created a new definition of AW that included all pistols with threaded barrels, irrespective of caliber (ie Sig Mosquito, Walther)

Created a new "long gun eligibility certificate" for the purchase or transfer of any long gun - NICS check

Created a new "ammo eligibility certificate"

Created a new "pistol eligibility certificate" for the purchase of any pistol that would not be carried and requiring a carry permit (ie home use only)

There's more but you get the point. 

The Neo-Coms were well on their way to banniong lead bullets for everything, not just hunting. That's done. The tree-huggers wanted to ban virtually all logging in National forests, Over. They wanted a ban on all lead fishing weights. That won't happen.

I used to support the ecologists when they were reasonable, but that ship has sailed. Now, it's **** them, and the Unicorn they rode in on. :mad:

A Van Staal grab is coming. You think your registration was for warranty purposes only? It was just the first step.

Be very scared.

That there's funny

It's no joke.

Patchyfog,  Is Shag with you?  All the advice that filled 4 pages and he hasn't  responded.  I hope his health isn't poorly.

Do you think he will be on the Cape in June?  We cold show him a good time and he might stop bothering the President.  the guy is busy and genteating jobs in the Private Sector no less.  Gotta keep his nose to the grindstone.  More Jobs and good paying ones in the New hi speed computer chip factory in Chandler, AZ.  #,000 high paying jobs + the 500 to 600 Construction Jobs to build the new factory.  The estimated number of additional jobs in Chandler AZ is 7,000 to support the factory with good and services and welcome and service the new factory workers and their highend paychecks. 

Good luck trout fishing downstream from coal mines in West Virginia.

Some folks here should go out and look, for they know not of what they speak.

I'll save em some fuel and suggest looking at some streams in NE PA, closer to home.

Patchyfog,  Is Shag with you?  All the advice that filled 4 pages and he hasn't  responded.  I hope his health isn't poorly.

Do you think he will be on the Cape in June?  We cold show him a good time and he might stop bothering the President.  the guy is busy and genteating jobs in the Private Sector no less.  Gotta keep his nose to the grindstone.  More Jobs and good paying ones in the New hi speed computer chip factory in Chandler, AZ.  #,000 high paying jobs + the 500 to 600 Construction Jobs to build the new factory.  The estimated number of additional jobs in Chandler AZ is 7,000 to support the factory with good and services and welcome and service the new factory workers and their highend paychecks.

Well RJ this Snowflake was out to all hours plowing the rest of the snowflakes off into neat little piles so old people who have to get to their Medicare appointments can, while denying others the right to affordable healthcare. I don't know what your beef is, but I asked a simple question that has nothing to do with the war on terror but with where this administration is going in regards with the use of the outdoors. Sorry you didn't understand that. But it appears everyone else did, as we had comments that ran the gambit from public lands, to offshore drilling, and ownership of weapons. Everyone else got the question, weren't offended by it and contributed in a responsible way. I can't tell you how offended I was by your post. By the way I live in the state and within 50 miles of the only target of foreign terrorists, I lost a good friend at Cantor Fitzgerald, a fireman neighbor 2 doors down, I went to more funerals and memorials that month then you have neurons. So I fully understand that there is a war on. You really don't have a clue as to where I am coming from. I'm not getting into a pissing contest with you and that's why I avoided responding to you. You are not worth it.

A new NOAA director would be a great start.

Overturn Obama's last minute lead ban EO.

Help support Richard Hudson's H.R. 38.

Chew on that.

"Ask, and it shall be given to you. Seek, and ye shall find. Knock, and it shall be opened to you."   :D

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/02/interior-sec-zinke-repeals-federal-ban-on-hunting-with-lead-bullets/

Interior Sec. Zinke Repeals Federal Ban On Hunting With Lead Bullets

Photo of Michael Bastasch

MICHAEL BASTASCH

4:15 PM 03/02/2017

3077254 3077254 Share   

It’s his first day on the job and Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke already signed two secretarial orders, including one overturning a ban on using lead ammunition while hunting on federal lands.

Former U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) Director Dan Ashe put the ban on lead ammunition in place the day before President Barack Obama left office. Zinke said the policy was put in place without enough input from stakeholders.

Zinke’s order repeals the ban on lead ammunition and fish tackle on FWS lands. Under Obama, FWS had a goal of eliminating lead ammo and fish tackle from wildlife refuges by 2022.

Zinke also signed an order to expand access for recreation on federal lands. He was joined by hunting and conservation groups during his announcement Thursday.

“Over the past eight years however, hunting, and recreation enthusiasts have seen trails closed and dramatic decreases in access to public lands across the board,” Zinke said.

“It worries me to think about hunting and fishing becoming activities for the land-owning elite,” he said. “This package of secretarial orders will expand access for outdoor enthusiasts and also make sure the community’s voice is heard.”

Environmentalists were obviously angered by Zinke’s order to repeal the lead ammunition ban. Activists say lead hurts wildlife, and lead bans have already been successfully carried out elsewhere.

“Switching to nontoxic ammunition should be a no-brainer to save the lives of thousands birds and other wildlife, prevent hunters and their families from being exposed to toxic lead, and protect our water,” Jonathan Evans, environmental health legal director at the Center for Biological Diversity, said in a statement.

Lead ammo and fish tackles can harm fish and wildlife since it’s absorbed in body issues and can be ingested. Activists point to California, which is phasing out lead bullets by 2019, as an example of workable policy.

But Zinke and others worry banning lead will contribute to hunting becoming a sport society’s elites take part in.

Lead bullets may not be environmentally-friendly, but they are much cheaper than alternatives. Copper and brass bullets are less prone to fragmenting, but they are more expensive than lead.

Most non-lead ammo is made of brass, but the material is also used to make armor-piercing bullets that can rip through body armor worn by law enforcement agents. That’s a safety concern for people and animals.

Non-lead ammunition is also harder to come by, and producers won’t be able to ramp up production without big price hikes.

When California approved a lead ammo phase out, the National Shooting Sports Foundation released a survey that found “higher ammunition prices will drive 36 percent of California hunters to stop hunting or reduce their participation.”

“In summary, prohibiting use of alternative [lead] ammunition will have significant effects on the state economy, wildlife conservation and hunters’ ability to enjoy the outdoors,” according to the survey. “These negative impacts need to be carefully considered by those responsible for the well-being of California’s residents and wildlife.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/02/interior-sec-zinke-repeals-federal-ban-on-hunting-with-lead-bullets/#ixzz4aItWK4wf

I hunt, fish, sail, camp, travel, tell me how Trumps appointees are going to make my recreation a better experience.

Hunting will be better with a gun and a place to hunt. TRUMP is pro second amendment and has rolled back restrictions on access  federal lands place by Obama. It would be nice to have bridges and roads to get to that land. TRUMP has pledged infrastructure repair.  It would be a big help to have a job to pay for your trip. It would also be nice if you weren't murdered by drug dealers while you were camping. I'm sure there's lots of other stuff but I can only see the obvious.