JoeyDaGreat

1 Bass Every Month

Rate this topic

74 posts in this topic

Nice work man. And decent-sized fish for winter too.

My own shot for 12months is in a holding pattern at 10-- been shut out first two trips so far in February. December was good to me but January slowed down a lot. Only managed a few sm Jan fish with last one coming on the 30th.

Going to be a slog for me to get one in February. Things pick up next month so hopefully I can manage one Feb fish then close out my own 12 in March

Nice work man. And decent-sized fish for winter too.

My own shot for 12months is in a holding pattern at 10-- been shut out first two trips so far in February. December was good to me but January slowed down a lot. Only managed a few sm Jan fish with last one coming on the 30th.

Going to be a slog for me to get one in February. Things pick up next month so hopefully I can manage one Feb fish then close out my own 12 in March

December was good to me as well with a lot of fish up to 34" and fat but the last week of December was tough and ever since it had been a real challenge to find the bass

Edited by JoeyDaGreat

Good luck kid you took care of the really tricky part of your assignment.  The rest of the year should be a breeze.  I've caught holdover bass in every month except January and February in Massachusetts.  I should've tried this year with such a mild January and early February we had but have been caught up on typical off season routines.   It looks like your dialed in so again I say-good luck Joey!

After 6?..7?? skunks this month I finally got my February bass. Was shut out in Boston & CC so had to cross state lines to get it done. I simply don't have the spots or the skill to bag a February bass in-state. Fish ranged from 15-28ish". Fun night.

post-62927-0-39971700-1487941558.jpg

post-62927-0-05640900-1487941724.jpg

Feb is usually the toughest month of the "at least one per month" contest, IMHO. May not be as hard in the next few days though.

-bd

I managed it in NJ, just not in the same year :worms:, guess that doesn't count?  In fact it took me over 25 years to catch a February bass in tidal waters, I had caught in a lake previously but not tidal waters.  Best of luck, you got two of the tougher months out of the way.

Some good fish out last night. Best one went 33/34ish, on 6" Savage

Makes 12months for me across '16/'17, but hopefully keep it going and run table on '17- to get true 12.

#nooffseason

post-62927-0-25007600-1488370650.jpg

Edited by rst3

Some good fish out last night. Best one went 33/34ish, on 6" Savage

Makes 12months for me across '16/'17, but hopefully keep it going and run table on '17- to get true 12.

#nooffseason

nice fish, love the savage been catching holdovers all winter on the 5"