God Bless America

Rate this topic

Lagerhead

Let's consider the facts. Yes. Facts. Countless religions. Most carry a similar theme yet each only believes their own is true. Then those who don't believe in religion but believe there's a higher being. Then me and I'm not alone. Nothing. No religion. No higher being. Man just an evolutionary success that will ultimately destroy all of us.

Not all think like you. We both believe in being against what others believe. I just get it. :)

I understand, I really do. Don't know you personally, but you must be a young buck. Back in my college days, many moons ago a lot of us thought that way. Than ya get older, ya experience stuff that changes ones outlook and beliefs. Now I believe what i believe today.

If I only knew then what i know now. :)

AKN-2 USS Sagittarius

BE ENCOURAGING, NOT DISCOURAGING

<*((())))>< <*((())))><

I understand, I really do. Don't know you personally, but you must be a young buck. Back in my college days, many moons ago a lot of us thought that way. Than ya get older, ya experience stuff that changes ones outlook and beliefs. Now I believe what i believe today.

If I only knew then what i know now. :)

This buck is 52 who grew up in Jersey amongst many nationalities and beliefs. Worked a decade in NY exposed to same and now in South Florida exposed to same. Raised a catholic. Did all the requirements. Even at the age of eight questioned the dogma. Like asking if God sent soldiers to hell. Nun didn't appreciate that question. I've formed my understanding over many decades of interacting with many from different walks. Try not assuming. At least not with me.

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS

This buck is 52 who grew up in Jersey amongst many nationalities and beliefs. Worked a decade in NY exposed to same and now in South Florida exposed to same. Raised a catholic. Did all the requirements. Even at the age of eight questioned the dogma. Like asking if God sent soldiers to hell. Nun didn't appreciate that question. I've formed my understanding over many decades of interacting with many from different walks. Try not assuming. At least not with me.

Thanks for the clarity. It's funny how some are totally opposite of how they come across on the internet. It never ceases to amaze me.

I grew up on the LES of Manhattan, when the LES was a tough area. I too was raised a Catholic, and went to both parochial school and a Catholic High School on 2nd st in Manhattan. I found the Catholic religion to rigid with all of it's rites, rituals and ceremonies. 

I never questioned God, even went I strayed from Him in my wild days. Today I believe because I know there is a God.

AKN-2 USS Sagittarius

BE ENCOURAGING, NOT DISCOURAGING

<*((())))>< <*((())))><

Thanks for the clarity. It's funny how some are totally opposite of how they come across on the internet. It never ceases to amaze me.

I grew up on the LES of Manhattan, when the LES was a tough area. I too was raised a Catholic, and went to both parochial school and a Catholic High School on 2nd st in Manhattan. I found the Catholic religion to rigid with all of it's rites, rituals and ceremonies.

I never questioned God, even went I strayed from Him in my wild days. Today I believe because I know there is a God.

It's a forum. Where one can go and act 12 since in real life that's not good. I do not act this way at work then I also don't see the stupidity seen on forums at work or real life. The chit posted wouldn't leave a persons mouth outside. Forums are a safe place from reality. At least my reality.

As to a God. Believe as you want. That doesn't rub me the wrong way. Just when one insists I must as they do. Pretty sure if there were a God that would not be its intent for us all.

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS

Any that believe in a higher being and especially those that only protect a secular group. There group. That not sound fake? Does to me. Plus there's all that science. They've all been Snoped. ;)

I'm glad the mentally disabled have a place to post on SOL.

I love when we make way past the breakwater at first light and head out, there's nothing better, the whole rest of the world just melts away for me.

(*edited - member formerly known as 'windknot')

I'm glad the mentally disabled have a place to post on SOL.

Why the personal attack? Can't argue the point? Try it? Shows us your brilliance. No emotions. Just facts.

Unless arguing like ****en pathetic fools is all you got. Don't care. I can do both. Choose. Just don't bitch about it. That's the part that rubs me the most. Poke then cry when poked back. Wrong bear. Seriously.

HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS

I thought that was a nice thing I said about the outhouse oops I mean outpost.

I love when we make way past the breakwater at first light and head out, there's nothing better, the whole rest of the world just melts away for me.

I hope President Trump creates an executive order forbidding idiotic posts. Make SOL great again.

Congress lol

Haven't you heard? America is going to be great again!

Edited by Lagerhead