fishweewee

Fox's Tucker Carlson nearly doubling Kelly's prime-time ratings

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/315888-foxs-tucker-carlson-nearly-doubling-megyn-kellys-primetime-ratings

Fox's Tucker Carlson nearly doubling Kelly's prime-time ratings

BY JOE CONCHA - 01/24/17 01:36 PM EST

Fox News's Tucker Carlson is nearly doubling the ratings of his predecessor, Megyn Kelly, when compared to the same time period last year, according to Nielsen Media Research. 

"Tucker Carlson Tonight" is up 95 percent in the 25- to 54-year-old demographic that advertisers covet most compared with the same period in 2016, when "The Kelly File" occupied the 9 p.m. ET time slot.

Carlson has averaged 775,000 viewers per night in the category, while Kelly averaged 398,000 during the same time period, Jan. 11–22.

Carlson took over the 9 p.m. slot on Jan. 9, shortly after Kelly announced she would be leaving for a daytime program on NBC. 

Fox had reportedly offered Kelly $100 million over four years to stay with the network last fall. The former corporate attorney-turned-broadcast journalist said spending more time with her three young children in the afternoon and evening was ultimately more important. She reportedly took less money to go to NBC, where she won't be hosting a show every weekday night as she had at Fox. 

Overall, Carlson — who has hosted programs on CNN and MSNBC in the past — is up 37 percent in total viewers, at 3.73 million, and 50 percent, at 775,000, in the key demographic compared with Kelly's 2016 averages of 2.72 million and 515,000, respectively.

Kelly is expected to make her NBC debut in September. 

Interesting turn there. I would suggest she never was worthy of her time frame. Just never sat well with me to begin with, and when she jumped Trump, well......that kind of finished any interest I had in her show.

Tucker argues well with issues. Makes good points and would be popular here, too.

I wonder if she did an acceptable fake with Roger.

She will be fine where she lands, she can be acceptably shrill.

A few possible explanations....(?)

She pissed off Fox loyalists when she didn't back down to Trump's BS....

She left when Fox's viewership increased around the newly-popular  President, and is "missing the boat"....

Fox viewers think Tucker is "better" somehow in his abilities as a reporter....

Fox viewers are revealing themselves as closet homo's and showing their true selves by preferring tat nerd over  Megyn  :box:

Edited by bobber

Hmmm, maybe the ratings are up this year because it is an election year?

No that possibly couldn't be correct last year that period was dead news wise this year well things are a little different. I wonder if other news networks have seen the same bump

Bring the old lady......we will show you just how queer we are.

I'm just **** ing with you bud......  :stick:

Megyn Kelly was definitely someone to look at but when they put her in the prime time spot I don't think she handled it well at all. Tucker is better suited for the hard hitting reporting, Megyn is better suited for daytime talk.

She jumped Trump? I think not. Trump owes that woman an apology. Will he ever be man enough to do the right thing?

No

First question at the first debate

That was unnecessary. Her tone was not what I needed to see. Wasn't up to her to decide for me. Could have done it differently but chose to be the lead story instead. Debates are not about the moderator. You ask fair questions and you allow the candidates to answer. That is what I needed to see. Instead I watched how a personal interest became more important to her than a solid question asked straight up. I would have thought an immigration question for him would be tops on the list.

Nope......

The entire election system has been designed by the media, for the media. It could be fair to say it served none well. We don't get answers, we get sensationalism and attacks. I understand it has been that way from the start of our republic. I wouldn't mind if each got a half hour to just run their mouth. Take turns for two hours. No moderator, just hard sale stuff.

I just can't trust the neutrality of moderators after the Donna Brazile email.

Tucker appeals to folks looking to watch a snide, obnoxious beat down. It's not really journalism, more like a vicarious liberal bashing. The only reason to watch is the jaw-dropping stupidity of some of his targets. But he comes off like a punk. I guess I'd rather watch actual news.