flyangler

Two Interesting Polls of Californians: Succession & Sanct. Cities

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

These polls don't necessarily conflict but I found them interesting when taken together.

More Californians dreaming of a country without Trump: poll

https://www.yahoo.com/news/more-californians-dreaming-country-without-trump-poll-192311764.html

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (Reuters) - The election of Republican businessman Donald Trump as president of the United States has some Californians dreaming - of their own country.

One in every three California residents supports the most populous U.S. state's peaceful withdrawal from the union, according to a new Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll, many of them Democrats strongly opposed to Trump's ascension to the country's highest office.

The 32 percent support rate is sharply higher than the last time the poll asked Californians about secession, in 2014, when one-in-five or 20 percent favored it around the time Scotland held its independence referendum and voted to remain in the United Kingdom.

California also far surpasses the national average favoring secession, which stood at 22 percent, down from 24 percent in 2014.

(Snipped)

=================

Poll: 74 Percent of Californians Want to End Sanctuary Cities

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2017/01/23/poll-74-percent-californians-want-end-sanctuary-cities/

by JOHN BINDER23 Jan 2017 Berkeley, CA

The vast majority of residents living in California would like to see sanctuary cities barred, a state home to multiple jurisdictions which refuse to abide by federal immigration laws.

Roughly 74 percent of California residents want to see an end to sanctuary city policies, according to a poll by UC Berkeley.

The issue to end sanctuary cities in the state crosses racial and party lines, with 65 percent of Hispanics registering their agreement, while 70 percent of independents, 82 percent of Republicans, and 73 percent of Democrats feel the same.

During President Donald Trump’s term, sanctuary cities could see a cut in federal funding and pushback from the Department of Justice under likely Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

can we build a wall round cali too?  That would be amazing

What an awesome idea, maybe even cut it off the United States like a tumor..............

California will not successfully secede from the Union. If the Union needs volunteers to crush the filthy CA secessionists, I'll gladly offer my services to kill  'progressive' traitors. Sounds like bloody jolly good sport, to me, wot.

Without CA, what would the dems do in the rest of the country with the loss of 55 electoral votes. CA IS the Dem party.  

Without CA, what would the dems do in the rest of the country with the loss of 55 electoral votes. CA IS the Dem party.

I pointed that out in another thread where Octo-dude brought up the popular vote margin. Not only 55 EC votes, but also the popular vote argument since without CA, Trump wins popular by over 500,000 votes this cycle.

I would argue however that a new wall route could be considered. Build it along the souther borders of TX, NM and AZ and then when you get to the current corner where CA, AZ and Mexico borders meet, you turn the USA fence North and run it up along the CA-USA eastern border. This will leave the CA-Mexico border unwalled providing all the folks looking for easy immigration to just walk into Cali, where the newly independent Nation of California should receive them with open arms, no? That would make CA a "sanctuary nation"......

Edited by tomkaz

let them secede after we sell cali to china to settle our outstanding debt.

:wee:

^^^Someone is using their noodle ;)

I thought part of NorCal wanted to split from the rest of the state...Jefferson, I think it is to be called.

Those space cadets don't know what they want.

Cali secession would be the answer to the prayers of all the citizens of Jefferson. Post Cali secession, Jefferson would be free to seced from Cali and apply for admission back into the Union. How could the Calies stop them? Bongs and dildos(never gets old)?

You guys suck, politics aside, i love this state, besides, its the liberal masses in LA and the bay area that eff up this state, the rest of the state is very red. 

You guys suck, politics aside, i love this state, besides, its the liberal masses in LA and the bay area that eff up this state, the rest of the state is very red. 

You should stand forth and drive them into the sea.You your 10 rd magazines