riverrunner

SUSQUEHANNA 2017-2018

871 posts in this topic

My apologies, we may be discussing two separate things :o I'm gonna, one day, drive out there to fish with riverrunner for a couple days...been threatening for years :) But I would also be interested in a group gathering in/around the area as there simply cannot be too many hours spent catching smallmouths in any given spring :idea:

TimS

It depends on the person. RR loves smallies; for him (as well as most others), yes. :)  

For me, Spring means that the meanest, baddest, river predator stirs from its winter stasis and begins aggressively gorging on bait fish. Until they stop feeding come late fall, I can not spend too many hours fishing for Them.

I was just actually trying to get a group gathering on the Susky to do some fishing. Its a river I always wanted to try.

Awesome...I'm interested as well for a Susky gathering...just not in the dog days for me :b:

For me stock trout is a easy target. But I rarely fish for them in the summer months due to the high mortality rate. So I usually switch over to lmb and smallies or have to fish the salts. But a Susky trip would be nice late spring or early summer. All the species should be in full swing by then.

Spring and early Summer is awesome by me too.

It would give me a chance to try out some of the techniques I have honed on the lower Allegheny in a different river system.

Edited by Pylodictis

It depends on the person. RR loves smallies; for him (as well as most others), yes. :)  

For me, Spring means that the meanest, baddest, river predator stirs from its winter stasis and begins aggressively gorging on weak sport fish like"TROUT". Until they stop feeding come late fall, I can not spend too many hours fishing for Them.

ftfy :laugh:

Awesome...I'm interested as well for a Susky gathering...just not in the dog days for me :b:

Spring and early Summer is awesome by me too.

It would give me a chance to try out some of the techniques I have honed on the lower Allegheny in a different river system.

Well lets get the ball rolling then. Im open to dates. I can re-work my schedule within a 24 hr notice and free myself to fishing fun time :)  

Well lets get the ball rolling then. Im open to dates. I can re-work my schedule within a 24 hr notice and free myself to fishing fun time :)

I will look over my schedule.

How do the susky guys feel about an invasion?

I would love to do a Susky SOL gathering.  A lot of world class smallies and we catch our share of muskies as well. Like these :)

post-4192-0-65764300-1488757997.jpg

post-4192-0-72231200-1488758070.jpg

Edited by Mike D

I will look over my schedule.

How do the susky guys feel about an invasion?

I would love to do a Susky SOL gathering.  A lot of world class smallies and we catch our share of muskies as well. 

See now we talking.... more members the better imo. More knowledge and fishing experience to share on the river

I would love to do a Susky SOL gathering.  A lot of world class smallies and we catch our share of muskies as well. Like these :)

Man thats a nice musky :witty:  on the susky..... :eek: ..... Thats a very interesting background shot of a high power wire tower base. Id never seen anything like that before....