riverrunner

SUSQUEHANNA 2017-2018

871 posts in this topic

Don't believe it until you see it. Tim and I have threatened to visit each other for 15 years now. It's possible that I am now the longest running member of the site that hasn't met him.

I still can't believe this is true :squid: You've never made it to the Food Fling...that's something that you would really, really enjoy...between Friday night get together the night before and the Food Fling on Saturday, you could meet a lotta folks who've been here as long or longer than you have :)  Me? I don't like the heat and find myself about a thousand times more likely to head north than south :o I would, however, still love to come fish the dam we've spoken about on this site for years :read:

A riverrunner visit would be a very lateral trip...and it would be during the chill of early spring if I have my way...when normal people need jackets and I'm out there in short sleeves :th:

We will rectify this one day Sweetwater, Lord willing :)

The love for rivers we b on the same page boss.  :wave:

So many places so little time. :shock: Me casa u casa.....planning is the key.

The feeling is mutual my friend. I don't do s hitter, face booger, insta whatever, etc. Wifey keeps up there just to keep an eye on the youngins. :idea:  

I can give you no bigger compliment than you allowing me to have "raised" my kids and g-kids on this site....10 years now. It's essentially all I need when it comes to "social media".

Thanks so much.  :bigeyes:

It has been both my pleasure and my honor, sir...I mean that sincerely :howdy:

TimS

I still can't believe this is true :squid: You've never made it to the Food Fling...that's something that you would really, really enjoy...between Friday night get together the night before and the Food Fling on Saturday, you could meet a lotta folks who've been here as long or longer than you have :)  Me? I don't like the heat and find myself about a thousand times more likely to head north than south :o I would, however, still love to come fish the dam we've spoken about on this site for years :read:

A riverrunner visit would be a very lateral trip...and it would be during the chill of early spring if I have my way...when normal people need jackets and I'm out there in short sleeves :th:

Not to continue "likin your boots"  :laugh:

Inside joke per you guys that don't do the tavern.  :read:

Best time of the year.....again planning is the key. It's either on or off per the conditions and dates. I need about a 5 day notice.

So little time so many rivers. :wee:  

We should try to plan a spring fling down that way. I for one would luv to fish a new spot. That Conowingo Dam area looks real nice.

Just for the record, the earlier in the spring, the further south I will travel to fish ;)

Once it's 73 and humid at night, I try to head north rather than south :o

TimS

Just for the record, the earlier in the spring, the further south I will travel to fish ;)

Once it's 73 and humid at night, I try to head north rather than south :o

TimS

:agree: with that  ;) . I hate to sweat myself.

Please don't make this PG.  :p  Farkin ass babies.

Susky river shed into the Chesapeake. I LOVE A BUILDER, we shall see.

Possible massive cuts for the water shed. WTF, always two steps forward one step back.  :banghd:

Helter skelter so far per the cuts, apparently typical as it goes now per this adminstration.

PLEASE.....contact who ever you can that has any political will. A phone call, an email, a letter, etc.

Don't let them do this !!!!!! 

Not to continue "likin your boots"  :laugh:

Inside joke per you guys that don't do the tavern.  :read:

Best time of the year.....again planning is the key. It's either on or off per the conditions and dates. I need about a 5 day notice.

I need less notice...and it would probably equate to better fishing if YOU told me when to make the trip :read:

If possible I'd love to drag either my brother Brett or BrianZ along...they both love the same smallmouth/musky/river stuff :drool:

TimS

Lets just not talk about it. Lets just get it done. This aint work related. This is fun time. So it must get done  :laugh:

I need less notice...and it would probably equate to better fishing if YOU told me when to make the trip :read:

If possible I'd love to drag either my brother Brett or BrianZ along...they both love the same smallmouth/musky/river stuff :drool:

TimS

Please don't make this PG.  :p  Farkin ass babies.

Susky river shed into the Chesapeake. I LOVE A BUILDER, we shall see.

Possible massive cuts for the water shed. WTF, always two steps forward one step back.  :banghd:

Helter skelter so far per the cuts, apparently typical as it goes now per this adminstration.

PLEASE.....contact who ever you can that has any political will. A phone call, an email, a letter, etc.

Don't let them do this !!!!!! 

Financial cuts? How would they negatively affect the fishing in the river? :squid:

Lets just not talk about it. Lets just get it done. This aint work related. This is fun time. So it must get done  :laugh:

My apologies, we may be discussing two separate things :o I'm gonna, one day, drive out there to fish with riverrunner for a couple days...been threatening for years :) But I would also be interested in a group gathering in/around the area as there simply cannot be too many hours spent catching smallmouths in any given spring :idea:

TimS

My apologies, we may be discussing two separate things :o I'm gonna, one day, drive out there to fish with riverrunner for a couple days...been threatening for years :) But I would also be interested in a group gathering in/around the area as there simply cannot be too many hours spent catching smallmouths in any given spring :idea:

TimS

I was just actually trying to get a group gathering on the Susky to do some fishing. Its a river I always wanted to try.

Financial cuts? How would they negatively affect the fishing in the river? :squid:

Imo since the Trump new administration has cut funding to natural resources and has lifted many rules of the clean water act. I feel that it will increase pollution and they will kill fish and aquatic life in the river ecology system.  

We should try to plan a spring fling down that way. I for one would luv to fish a new spot. That Conowingo Dam area looks real nice.

I would attend a River Rat Fling on the Susky; I don't get much out of catching trout, no matter how big, but the susky has big flatheads and I could get a lot out of that.

It would be good to do a Dog Days River Rat Fling.

I still can't believe this is true :squid: You've never made it to the Food Fling...that's something that you would really, really enjoy...between Friday night get together the night before and the Food Fling on Saturday, you could meet a lotta folks who've been here as long or longer than you have :) Me? I don't like the heat and find myself about a thousand times more likely to head north than south :o I would, however, still love to come fish the dam we've spoken about on this site for years :read:

I was just messing around with you, and I am hikacking the thread.

I would attend a River Rat Fling on the Susky; I don't get much out of catching trout, no matter how big, but the susky has big flatheads and I could get a lot out of that.

It would be good to do a Dog Days River Rat Fling.

For me stock trout is a easy target. But I rarely fish for them in the summer months due to the high mortality rate. So I usually switch over to lmb and smallies or have to fish the salts. But a Susky trip would be nice late spring or early summer. All the species should be in full swing by then.