riverrunner

SUSQUEHANNA 2017-2018

871 posts in this topic

Got out Wednesday and Thursday evenings around dark to try my luck for the first time in almost 2 months.  I was hoping for some nice bass but only managed 2 bass both nights but caught about a half a dozen walleyes each night in the process, one being a nice 23" 5.5lb that I took home.  I was out Thursday afternoon at Octoraro lake too which is where the sunfish came from.  Had around 100 probably in 3 hours, kept a few of the bigger ones.  Definately an early start this year.  I may even bust out the shad gear next week.  Water temp I was told was up to 43 on the river.  

post-20476-0-67126400-1488130944.jpg

Thanks guys.  Nice fish to everyone else posting pictures as well.  RR, I talked to a few boaters last week and none of them were having any luck.  I thought the bass bite would be better then it was but glad I was able to at least get a couple.  I will sit the next week out because of work but will hit it hard after that.  It looks like the warmer temperatures should be here to stay for the most part from what I've been hearing.  

^^^ the air temp thing.....from average 38 to 40 to instantly several days of 60+,deceiving.

We all want  spring.....but.

It will be a gradual thing, enough days of warm now to "heat" up early.

Depths are perfect, looks like if you can avoid the coming "thunder" and don't mind getting wet, should be good.

Chunky wally TB.....always a plus !!!!! Nice to see you back out again.  

2017 is going to be the year I finally drag my arse out there to fish with you Riverrunner :wave:

TimS

2017 is going to be the year I finally drag my arse out there to fish with you Riverrunner :wave:

TimS

Oh Boy!!  Sounds like the possible start of a susky carp fling!?!?!?!?

I've been threatening for a couple years to come visit him...I have a great love of smallmouths, muskys and rivers :drool:

And a great respect for riverruner :th:

TimS

1, great love of smallmouths, muskys and rivers

2, And a great respect for riverruner :th:

What's not to love about the three in #1? Woo Hoo!

2. yes, RR is a great guy and worthy of great respect!! :th:  The guys who post in this thread are not only great fisherman but also are always willing to assist others to help them catch more fish!!  I learned that first hand this year with all of the discussion and help in connecting with the winter smallies!! :th:

I've been threatening for a couple years to come visit him...I have a great love of smallmouths, muskys and rivers :drool:

TimS

Don't believe it until you see it. Tim and I have threatened to visit each other for 15 years now. It's possible that I am now the longest running member of the site that hasn't met him.

TimS

The love for rivers we b on the same page boss.  :wave:

So many places so little time. :shock: Me casa u casa.....planning is the key.

The feeling is mutual my friend. I don't do s hitter, face booger, insta whatever, etc. Wifey keeps up there just to keep an eye on the youngins. :idea:  

I can give you no bigger compliment than you allowing me to have "raised" my kids and g-kids on this site....10 years now. It's essentially all I need when it comes to "social media".

Thanks so much.  :bigeyes:

Edited by riverrunner

We should try to plan a spring fling down that way. I for one would luv to fish a new spot. That Conowingo Dam area looks real nice.

That is an outstanding suggestion. I live 12 minutes from the dam. :)