riverrunner

SUSQUEHANNA 2017-2018

867 posts in this topic

On 1/4/2019 at 5:16 PM, riverrunner said:

River rats that follow this thread know that to be the case. I probably should have added some context to the post.

Yes a dear fishing friend for 40 years. We saw this river and said...."looka dis".

Started with 14 foot J-boats and 10/15 horse props, graduated to 16 foot modified johns 25/30 hp but still props. That is how we learned the river....and then jets. Awesome chit and I miss him a lot. Dude could catch fish in the desert. I just wanted to do "something" to kind of honor him re my post. 

Awesome fish to be caught now if only the timing of these perpetual rises would work for my schedule.   

You did a great job on your post of him.  Those are some awesome fish!  My parents just bought a house on the lake, I will be fishing more this summer up there.  Any good video on how to use artificial bait?

On 1/23/2019 at 8:56 PM, xfrodobagginsx said:

You did a great job on your post of him.  Those are some awesome fish!  My parents just bought a house on the lake, I will be fishing more this summer up there.  Any good video on how to use artificial bait?

Frodo in a thread other than his own.  :howdy:

Tavern chit here for those that don't follow that forum.  :wee:

Welcome. This fresshie thread has voluminous info on how to's per the sweet water. Just click on a few or use the search function. A good starting  point is the monthly reports thread. Lotta good info there, just ask questions. 

Lotta good guys here. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

The report you want  now is Fresh Water  Fishing Reports.....it used to be monthly but some one consolidated it. 

Edited by riverrunner

On 1/25/2019 at 5:57 PM, riverrunner said:

The report you want  now is Fresh Water  Fishing Reports.....it used to be monthly but some one consolidated it. 

Ok is that a magazine?

On 1/7/2019 at 11:45 AM, riverrunner said:

MikeyD......I think I ran into one of your fellow "Musky Hunters". He didn't have a bucket like yours but he sure did have some nice lures.   :laugh:

He was fishing in harsh conditions but still took the time to answer any questions I had and offer some sage advise.    :clap:

Does the name Steve Mellinger ring a bell ? Really nice guy.

Sorry for the slow reply. Yes, I know Steve very well from fishing the river over the years and we've fished on my boat as well as off the banks together.  He's very knowledgeable and always willing to help someone. Steve has caught far more muskies than I and he's taught me a lot. 

13 hours ago, TJones said:

Gotta share this one... We had quite adventure and Brooks (in green) got his first walleye.—a pretty darn nice one! 8C030721-8EB1-48A8-901B-752331513935.png.e60723c6de8cef2ff1fd55ef9063bc83.png

That's quite a catch for such a young man.  Great job!

Posted (edited) · Report post

TJ, great pics of the boys, congrats for them!!

Also a fantastic fish, way to go!  Yeah, hopefully this cold snap will be short lived and we can get back at it.  I've moved into the trout streams since 1/1.

Edited by mdeppen

6 hours ago, mdeppen said:

TJ, great pics of the boys, congrats for them!!

Also a fantastic fish, way to go!  Yeah, hopefully this cold snap will be short lived and we can get back at it.  I've moved into the trout streams since 1/1.

Thanks MD... I’m with ya man! Looking at the forecast it does look like it should be a short deep freeze with a nice warm up afterwards... fingers crossed!

Ive only been on the creeks a couple of times  recently, but it’s been productive... this has been a great cold water season for us on the main rivers. :th: