riverrunner

SUSQUEHANNA 2017-2018

871 posts in this topic

Md..................glad it worked. As said before this is the hardest time.

It's about to end though....wooot woot woooot.  :laugh:

Thanks RR, yes I always need to keep that in mind and really looking forward myself to the end of winter!!

Catching even just one fish is always going in the right direction this time of the year, especially when considering how tough it can be to catch anything, good fish!

Thanks, Absolutely, numerous days for me on the river in the late fall / winter getting skunked !! :skunk:

Edited by mdeppen

Thanks, Absolutely, numerous days for me on the river in the late fall / winter getting skunked !! :skunk:

Hey!!! I resemble that! It's nice to know our trip lived up to expectations

Hey!!! I resemble that! It's nice to know our trip lived up to expectations

Hey buddy, we caught a few so we didn't get skunked!!! At least we had the alternative plan when the river did not cooperate and I also got more knowledge of your river for the future. It's all good!

Here's a biggin from yesterday... they were biting pretty soft! It amazes me how sometimes they can take a bait without you feeling it.

Dang, I would go bonkers catching that fish in May, let alone February. Well done! :th: Yes, it's amazing how fish can take a lure and yet we feel nothing....and you are using what looks like braid with a mono/flouro leader. Years ago at Spruce Run reservoir, I watched a pig of a largemouth inhale a tube jig and spit it out....I felt nothing and was too dumbfounded to set the hook.

Nice one TJ!  I have been watching the river levels too, RR!  My plan is to go out after work today as I am out of town this weekend, but next week also looks good!  :th:

Here's a biggin from yesterday... they were biting pretty soft! It amazes me how sometimes they can take a bait without you feeling it.

Nice !!!!!!

The no feeling thing is almost maddening never ceases to amaze me at this "cold water" time. Most times they just there, slow and then slower, patience.

Usually a biggin at this time.

You shore guys crack me up....... :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

A very hard thing always for you limited gentlemen especially  this time of year, Kudos !!!!!

Nice one TJ!  I have been watching the river levels too, RR!  My plan is to go out after work today as I am out of town this weekend, but next week also looks good!  :th:

This time of year it is your most important asset.

Pretty soon you will have a data base in your head....LMC 7.5 on the drop, where did I catch at this depth before ?

And then, oh my I did this here at this depth, droping....where next . And so it goes.

Remember all the spots at a specific depth.....way ahead of the game !!!! 

Edited by riverrunner

Hey thank you Guys! Really wishing I could get out this weekend some but don't think it's going to happen--hopefully next week. Best of luck if you get out there... this beautiful weather is going to be something to behold! River conditions pretty good... Seems like this year might be an early spring... fingers crossed! Good luck if you go!

Hey thank you Guys! Really wishing I could get out this weekend some but don't think it's going to happen--hopefully next week. Best of luck if you get out there... this beautiful weather is going to be something to behold! River conditions pretty good... Seems like this year might be an early spring... fingers crossed! Good luck if you go!

I love early Springs, it means an early flathead pre-spawn bite and a longer flathead season all together!

Rigging up for channels and hybrids as we speak. :)