Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Striperfever

Yikes, so who's gonna make the first bid?

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

I *believe* the MSRP was 1400.

I still wouldnt buy one at that price.

In what situations do you actually use that reel? why not use a conventional as there are good casting conventionals out there (trinidads) confused.gif

I wonder how fast the line roller would disintegrate with 600# BFT heading for the horizon against a tight drag? icon25.gifHappyWave.gif

I'll never understand the offshore spinning reel thing - 4# and designed completely contrary to the physics of large, fast fish and heavy drags. I guess with the right rod, you could throw an 8# live bluefish 75yds to makos coming up yer slick...right? redface.gifwink.gif

TimS

whats BFT?

Big Effin Tuna?

Blue Fin Tuna, a.k.a. "Big Effin Tuna" smile.gif

Imagine the R&D to only make 50 of them icon25.gifeek.gif At $1,500 per, that's $75,000 gross - yikes cwm31.gif Somebody mighta over shot the runway on that one wink.gif

TimS

LOL, naw, it's just too darned easy to pick on the van stall krishnas...

CMP, wishing I hadn't given those pieces of crap away as I coulda made a killing selling them here

If I remember right, the starting bid was the MSRP. 1900 clams. Or, the price of 3 80TWs.

Someone here commented along the following lines when those abortions first came out--"It's that crazy Dutchman's best joke yet on guys with more money than brains".

I wonder if anyone makes an 80# class bent butt spinning rod rolleyes.gif

I wonder if anyone makes an 80# class bent butt spinning rod rolleyes.gif

Hehehehe...I bet yah you could got a VS custom job for maybe $800-$900 wink.gif That's priceless Ditch...now I can't get that picture outta my head icon25.gif A bent butt 6 1/2' spinner cwm27.gif I wonder what kinda stripper guide you'd need to handle the 4" diameter spool and the 30# of drag needed to slow down the critters you'd be targeting? eek.gif Maybe something like a 4 footed titanium SiC 120HHHH? smile.gif

TimS

Now add this to the picture---there's a 600# BFT on the other end, the rod is bent, and you're trying to get the rod out of a rod holder with that mostrosity hanging UNDER the rod and jammed tight against the gunnel biggrin.gif