HugeDinghy

Best sammich in your state

Rate this topic

319 posts in this topic

It's been a while since i had a sub from Oceanview Bakery in Long Branch. Damn they were good.

Is the place still open. I know the husband was pretty sick a few years ago. I think he may be a goner. Lovers going there, good people.

Depends on what kind of sammich . . . breakfast, lunch . . . not sure if it's the best in NJ, but a Monmouth County deli (Willow Deli) has a sausage, potato, egg and cheese, salt/pepper/ketchup on a fresh hard roll . . . too bad they closed for the day or I would have that for dinner.

Willow Deli, is that the one in Little Silver or I think there is one along the Bayshore?

It's been a while since i had a sub from Oceanview Bakery in Long Branch. Damn they were good. 

Was there a couple weeks ago, somehow Joanne still is able to make a sub and she insists on making it herself. She has a girl helping her now ,I think Ciro (hubby) is laid up and under care but she is still there everyday.  You have to be from NJ to put a real sub up as best sandwich, and we all know a sub has lettuce, tomato, onion, salt, pepper, oregano, vinegar and oil.  No mayo, no pickles, no peppers, no relish, no sun dried tomatoes,  

I might go with Harold's Pastrami Sandwich but Oceanviews Subs have been a favorite of mine since the 60's and needs consideration. Then again, I prefer Italian food to all others, who doesn't like pasta or pizza? Oh, those from places that don't know how to make it! 

I think slaters blows white house subs away.  Are we talking cold cut sangwich or just any?

They have always been know for their pork roll sandwiches. I got one once and thought a pound of pork roll on the sandwich was over kill.

I can't see an Italian being that great. It's an Italian. They are good,

Don't get me wrong, but even the ones up federal hill ( "legit" as the northern Africans will tell you) are still just a good sammich. No way it's the best in the state of RI.

HD how bout Tonys colonial, the Italian all the way. I'll buy you'll change your mind.

Don't get me wrong, but even the ones up federal hill ( "legit" as the northern Africans will tell you) are still just a good sammich. No way it's the best in the state of RI.

HD how bout Tonys colonial, the Italian all the way. I'll buy you'll change your mind.

Willow Deli, is that the one in Little Silver or I think there is one along the Bayshore?

Little Silver JMB, they make a good fried squirrel sandwich as well. Of course you have to supply the squirrel so I guess you'll never get a chance to try it LOL

They have always been know for their pork roll sandwiches. I got one once and thought a pound of pork roll on the sandwich was over kill.

Homo